What has happened to me?

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I have been eating terrible for the last week or two. I keep telling myself that I will go back to my new normal, but then I get a sugar craving like mad! What do you guys do when you have to have something sweet? I like my new me and I don't know why I am slipping. I heard on TV that weight loss is a life long battle with no end date no matter how successful you are at it. I am up for that challenge, but I need healthy sweets!! Please give me suggestions!

Replies

• Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like a good cup of Greek Yogurt with some fresh fruit. It satisfies my sweet cravings as well as giving me a dose of protein. A small protein bar (Pure Protein is my choice) also gives me a chocolate fix, as well as the dose of protein. Both choices are right around 200 calories.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond milk has been a new one for me. Also, lots of watermelon. Frozen yogurt isnt bad either. And frozen italian iceies are also pretty low in cals. A 6 oz luigi's italaian ice is 120 cals. Good luck.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    idk if you drink tea or coffee, a lot of times when i'm craving something sweet i'll make a cup of afternoon tea with at most 2 tsp of sugar and a little cream or milk. it's about 70 calories when you do that and it satisfies my sweet tooth, plus tea has a lot of antioxidants and it's drinking water....coffee would probably do the same thing i guess but i'm not sure how many cals that is!
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    This is normal from what I have read. I too have been having problems this past week - not with cravings for food but with laziness and not wanting to exercise. But try some fresh fruit - oranges really are a great dessert and because of their natural sugar they satisfy that sweet craving. Also dried fruits are good. Be sure to watch the portion size especially on dried fruits.
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My new go to sweets are Werther's hard candy (3 for 70 calories). They sooth my sweet tooth as they are sweet, creamy and last a long time. My other is Smarties candy (1 roll for 25 calories).
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Quaker Delights Mini-Rice Cakes. I get the Caramel Drizzle, Chocolate Mint, and Chocolate ones. They're only 90 calories and have enough sweetness to satisfy me. You've come such a long way and have done such an amazing job PLEASE don't let all your hard work go down the drain now...... :wink:
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My new friend is the Extra Dessert flavor gums...and a big glass of ice water. Key lime pie is my fav....
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    One piece of cake won't suddenly add 100 lbs! Are you maintaining or losing? I've been really hungry since I stopped trying to lose, and if I don't obey that hunger I keep losing, which I no longer want or need. I'd say have a little of what you really fancy, then pause and stop. If you actually feel hungry, not lustful, find some fruit.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've just read your blog and you're amazing! Also, you know you can eat anything...

And seeing as you're in Japan, I'd say go get some Japanese snacks. They do a lot of healthy snacks, and even the less healthy ones are packaged in individual portions so it's easier not to go overboard. I used to freeze the mini jellies and eat them in a cold bath in the height of the summer :laugh:

My mother-in-law is sending me some jellies and youkan this week. Can't wait!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It's not the best thing in the world but it's better than most.....I get a huge Hershey's Dark Chocolate Bar from the candy aisle at the grocery store. When I have that sweet craving I break off ONE block and eat it slowly. It makes a world of difference.