Tips for staying on track for the weekend...

Options
i fall off the wagon at least once or twice during the weekends. i don't always go over on calories, but i take in enough sodium to make me gain weight like i did...after NOT losing NEW weight all week, i tend to stay on track the next weekend/week....so basically, i lose no weight one week, then 2-3 pounds the next week. i want to be losing every week! any tips for staying on track with your diet and water intake on the weekends? i'm failing at it, hard!!!

Replies

• kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Huge BUMP
  • sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For water intake - carry water on you at all times, in your hand even, and you'll be surprised how often you sip the water. Or always keep a glass visible!
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    Bump - weekends are a major downfall for me!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i fall off the wagon at least once or twice during the weekends. i don't always go over on calories, but i take in enough sodium to make me gain weight like i did...after NOT losing NEW weight all week, i tend to stay on track the next weekend/week....so basically, i lose no weight one week, then 2-3 pounds the next week. i want to be losing every week! any tips for staying on track with your diet and water intake on the weekends? i'm failing at it, hard!!!

What do you drink instead of water on the weekends? As long as you are staying hydrated you don't have to drink plain water. I don't know about how not to eat more on the weekends since I do that myself. I do make sure that I exercise first thing in the morning on weekends though, otherwise I tend to put it off and sometimes not do it. As long as I've done my hour of Zumba I just try to keep it mostly healthy and not worry too much about calories.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with sodium on the weekends too!! As far as your staggered weight loss, that could just be how your body loses weight. I've discovered that's how I lose weight. I won't lose for a week or two and then I will lose for a week or two, and then I won't for a week or two, etc.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tips. I just do it! If I'm going to make it a priority during the week, it makes no sense to not make it a priority on the weekend as well.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I would just say plan, plan, plan. If you're going out to a restaurant, look at the menu ahead of time to calculate nutrition and decide what the best choice is. If you're going to someone's house, eat a salad before you go so that you're not hungry and don't eat items you aren't aware of the contents of. And for eating at home, decide all your recipes, pick up all the needed groceries on your way home on Friday and stick to it. I'm not sure what your household is like, but I don't even keep junk food in the house, so if I don't need to go to the store or debate what to make for dinner, I just go with whatever I'd planned and I'm good.

Water on the weekends I'm bad at though, I will admit!! During the week I'm usually around 12 glasses, but on the weekends I'm lucky to get 6. I will be watching for people's water tips. :)
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Weekends usually aren't bad for me unless I'm not active. I always do my 5 mile walk on saturday and drink before and after about 3 glasses of water. I also drink flavored seltzer with a twist of lime and lots of ice, orange juice cut with water and vitamin water for a treat. Hear in Jersey it is in the low 90's so I sweat tons while getting the pool and yard ready for company. Stay away from all processed foods and the sodium should become lower too. Everyone is different as to how your body responds to what you put into it and when the weight drops.:smile:
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I struggle on weekends too. It's tough to stay on track when you're home all day.

I usually try to get at least one killer workout in (800+ cal burn) so I can eat a little more.
    I try to plan all my meals in advance so I know where I'm at before the day is done.

It's hard though.
  • nicole716
    nicole716 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kristina0206
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump!

Weekends are really bad for me. Fullbars usually save me with a lot of water too.
  • stephiebabe44
    stephiebabe44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has slip ups on the weekend because we feel like we have been good all week so we deserve to 'cheat' on the weekend, at least I do. I guess continue drinking lots of water, the best way I find is to have a water bottle with you at all times. So even if you're sitting on the couch have it sitting next to you or on the table in front you. And have fruit handy. Maybe check labels when you are buying your food aswell, ALWAYS choose the less added salt items. You would be amazed at the difference between the low sodium and regular items. I remember going to buy some canned crush tomatos and I looked at the less sodium then the regular and it was a 300mg difference. I hope this helps.
  • mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who's downfall is the weekend!!
    In the week I can be really good, prepare my meals, take sensible lunches to work and no money so can't be tempted by the vending machines and cafe. Then at the weekend it all goes wrong. I think my problem is weekends I switch off, I often think it's my time off, my time to relax and that extends to not planning my meals and therefore impulse eating, Me and OH often end up going to the shops and buying lots of crap. Which is not good for my diet and also not good for my bank balance! And you can guarantee by Sunday evening/Monday morning I'll have eaten too much crap and feel awful. I also feel its my time off from exercise so don't burn any extra calories!
    I think I just need to be tough with myself and say yes it's the weekend, but it wouldn't hurt to go for a bike ride/walk and to eat sensibly and not binge on junk.
  • Andrea_Bassett
    Options
    I would suggest starting off your day with exercise. When I exercise in the morning it starts my day. You don't want to screw up what you have worked off so hard for. Motivation! Stay motivated! Before you put that food in your mouth think - "Do I really need this?" "Am I really hungry?" That always works for me. I do admit weekends can put your path to weight loss clear in the dumpster, you just have to think about it.