P90X - Starting June 1st to August 1st

Options
13»

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Lynn - Congrats on the pregnancy! I think a light version of P90X could be okay, take it easy on the weight lifting though :tongue:

Pammy - good job on doing Cardio X!

I just did Plyometrics this morning. I am following P90X classic. I am sore from Chest & Back last night, and Plyo wasn't too bad, really. :smile: It's good to change things up a bit.
  • khinkle44
    khinkle44 Posts: 14
    Options
    I work 10 hours a day, but only get 30 minutes for lunch.... so working out during that time is impossible :sad:
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Completed Shoulders & Arms & AB Ripper X...starting to feel a little sore in my abs right now! Love the pain. I am going to start doing the Jillian Michaels 6 Pack Abs a couple nights a week too I think...well we shall see that is. LOL Tomorrow...Cardio X since I don't do Yoga X :wink:
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Do you use just any HRM? Where do you get on and does it tell you how many cal you burn?
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    alright did first 2 days last week - then had so much going on over the weekend with daughter's dance recital that I could not squeeze in workout too - although my hubby certainly did :P

anyway, day 3 yesterday - well late last night - nothing like working 10 hours, t-ball game, putting 2 kids to bed & then doing Shoulders/Arms X & Ab Ripper X. needless to say it was pretty much shower & bed after that by that time.

feel good so far today - probably won't be sore until later in the day like after my 1st 2 days.

trying to decide what to do exactly for diet though - hard to follow their nutrition plan closely - i hate hate hate shakes except for ones I buy at Costco - I do have to cut back on carbs though, that is by far my downfall.
    tried to change settings on here but having a hard time. tells me I won't lose weight - won't change calories expended basically even though i changed workout goals.

I put in 1800 calories/day - 2400 calories from exercise per week - just figured roughly 400 calories 6 days a week & changed carb/prot/fat ratios --- does that sound right?

so we'll see how it goes. have to take some pics now too I guess.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    The diet plan is tough in the first phase. I don't like to drop my carbs so low because I know I will lose a lot of energy - plus the protein shakes I drink have a lot of carbs in them, and I eat a lot of fruit and veggies. So, I am just going to keep doing what I am doing even though I did change my macronutrients in MFP to the fat burner phase. I am just trying to lower my carbs some and up my protein, and hope that it still works. :tongue:
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Finished day two - plyometrics - this morning. Will blog about it later!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3...arms and shoulders plus ab ripper x. Great workout!
  • depurs20
    depurs20 Posts: 29
    Options
    I just found this post - I finished day 3 of the first week of P90X classic yesterday. I am definitely sore, but excited about doing this alongside others. :) Yoga tonight...
  • savvystephy
    Options
    I will be doing Week 2, Day 1 tonight - Chest & Back + Ab Ripper X. I have found that Kenpo X is too slow for me, so I have gotten my hands on a copy of Kenpo Cardio Plus, which I may switch in for it. :tongue: