Change In Bowel Habit

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been using MFP for a few days now, and i have noticed that i have had a change in bowel habit, from once every 2-3 days to 2-3 times a day, which is a shock to the system!

Before i was only drinking 0.5L-1.0L a day -which i know is not very good, but i have incrased this to no less than 2.5L

Has anyone else noticed this?

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    from once every 2-3 days

:huh:

wow you needed some fibre!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    If you are eating more fruits and veggies too, that may be the culprit. I have had tummy troubles for years, but have been craving some serious fruits and veggies this pregnancy and have noticed the same thing! I'm not complaining though, I'm realizing now just how good all these foods and water really is for my system!
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! You'll soon notice that you'll feel so much better, and things will slow down.
  • parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I go normally once a day and i think its because of all the water and veggies i have always eaten. infact my bodys screams out for them if i have a day where i dont get enough now...it will settle down once yer system is use to it xxx
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    Water could do that, but also the fiber from the fruits and veggy can cause that to. Do you eat alot of salad??? I remember when I decided to eat only salad...OMG I thought I was going to die in the bathroom, I was ther 4-5 times a day. They say you sould eliminate 2 to 3 time a day...(intake 3 meals, eliminate 3 meals), but it realy depends of your system. My regular system is every 3 days with bad food (fast food, no veggy or fruit, no nuts), but with fruit & veggies, nuts, lean meat, water, it's every day. Your system will get use to the new food your giving it and your bowel habit will regulate itself. Good luck
  • k_johnson1988
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's response, has put my mind at ease, i ahave also been cooking every for scratch for the past 3 weeks so there has been no processed food in my diet which i think might also been a factor, and as an anemic i have making a conscience effort to up my iron intake -spinach, brussel sprouts, water cress etc, which i would imagine be a great contributor as well!!

Good luck to you all