My new obession

I now realize that Hula Hooping is my new obession. I can do it while watching tv with my son and it burns 7 calories per minute. This is so exciting to me because as I child I was the only one on my classmates who couldn't hula hoop. So I will be showing off my new skills to my classmates soon.

Replies

• tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 421 Member
    I wish I had the coordination. Good for you!
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    I've never EVER been able to hula hoop! How did you teach yourself to do when you weren't able to do it as a child? Lol, any tips? It sounds like the PERFECT thing to do while watching TV!
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    I'm a hooping addict too!! I get together with some other hoopers in the park every Saturday and hoop at home in between.
  • mi1960
    mi1960 Posts: 1
    Good for you ladies! That is such a serious core workout.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    I've never EVER been able to hula hoop! How did you teach yourself to do when you weren't able to do it as a child? Lol, any tips? It sounds like the PERFECT thing to do while watching TV!

First of all, get an adult size hoop. Those things they sell in the store just won't do. There are lots of hooping videos on youtube, and try hooping.org too. If you can shift your weight from one foot to the other, you can hoop!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Hooooooooooooopinnnnnnnnnng!!

I used to hoop as a little girl and when I found Hoopnotica, I was so excited! The hoops are beautiful, but expensive. I wanted to make my own, but I just don't have the money. I had purchased one from Amazon.com, and it's mainly for travel. It comes apart (on purpose for travel), but it's kindof cheapy. When I want to do something more, I usually get a cool thing for the situation. For example, I wanted to drink more water, so I bought a few really cool cups and bottles to drink from. I wanted to hoop, so I got a cool hoop and the DVD's.
    ANYWAYS, hooper people!! I'm friendin' ya!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    I want to hoop, I'm hoping I can get my husband to make me a hoop next weekend, if I can afford it. Wish I had the money for a dvd but will just have to do without.