JUST ate, and my stomach is growling?...

Options
2»

Replies

• Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I know that I take in a lot of sugar for breakfast, but it's fruit so I figured that was ok. My sugar intake is nearly null the rest of the day. :wink: I'll try adding the greek yogurt, that's a great idea! I figured adding the spinach would help to make me feel fuller, but I guess not. Thanks again!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Protein for sure but I do find mentally I need to chew....maybe try eating 1 scrambled egg white or egg beaters too.

For now, I'd chug some water.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've heard aim for 20g of protein first thing in the morning and like 20-30g per meal... so if I don't eat 20g for breakfast, I'm starving in about an hour as well. You could easily boil a full dozen eggs and eat 2 at breakfast, add some whole grain toast (3-4g of protien per slice)... some peanut butter (4g for 2 tbsp).
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs. You need to eat some protein for breakfast if you want to last a little longer. Try an egg white omlet with your spinach, tomato or salsa and a tbls of low fat shredded cheese. . Put it on a low carb bread or pita and a piece of fruit. Save your yogurt for the morning snack a couple of hours later if you need it.
  • brinkley89
    Options
    When my stomach starts growling I like to eat about 1 tbs of almonds (5 or 6 at least) just to get me through to my next meal..and a lot of water too! :-)
  • vnvdvci
    vnvdvci Posts: 16
    Options
    In case you didn't get the message repeated 10x, you need protein! (:

Fry or scramble up 2 eggs. Trust me, you'll barely be able to finish your smoothie. I last only half as long on 160 cals of cake or even fruit vs 2 scrambled eggs.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I know that I take in a lot of sugar for breakfast, but it's fruit so I figured that was ok. My sugar intake is nearly null the rest of the day. :wink: I'll try adding the greek yogurt, that's a great idea! I figured adding the spinach would help to make me feel fuller, but I guess not. Thanks again!

Good luck! Let us know when you try that and see if there is a difference.
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Will do, I got some Chiboni greek yogurt...same cals, and i was shocked at the difference in protein. Gonna try that tomorrow. I'd love to do eggs in the morning, but who am I kidding? I'm not getting up early enough to cook, lol. Smoothies are better than McDonalds for sure! I could do a hard boiled egg with my smoothie though...I just don't like the yolk, lol.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Will do, I got some Chiboni greek yogurt...same cals, and i was shocked at the difference in protein. Gonna try that tomorrow. I'd love to do eggs in the morning, but who am I kidding? I'm not getting up early enough to cook, lol. Smoothies are better than McDonalds for sure! I could do a hard boiled egg with my smoothie though...I just don't like the yolk, lol.
    Then just eat the egg white - that's a great idea.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I don't cook in the mornings either.

Several times now I've made myself egg white burritos, put in the fridge and microwaved them the next day.. They tasted great.

I use egg creations/egg beaters , with some onion, peppers, some ham if available. I'll make enough for 4 burritos.
    Scramble it up, put 1 tsp of salsa on a whole wheat tortilla, sprinkle some shredded cheese. I'll eat two, and leave two for breakfast the next day.

I feel like I'm still having my McDonalds Burritos, but a healthier version.
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds good...I just don't like tortillas in the morning. Don't know why...just never have. :ohwell:

As for my MFP journey, I try and do one new group of stuff every week and then just stick to it after that week is up. :smile:

This week:

-switching from 1 cup of strawberries in my smoothie to 1/2 cup
    -switching to Greek yogurt... the plain is still only 100 cals, with 18 gr protein
    -having a hard boiled egg every morning, but throwing the yolk out (hate the texture, gross, lol)

So I'll let you know how that works at the end of the week! :happy: