June -- Easy Biking Challenge

Options
kintegra
kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
Do you have a bike? Its a great workout, easy on the body, and great for your health!
Anyone who wants to join me in getting some powerhouse legs to try your hardest to make a month goal of
40 MILES. It may sound like a lot to some, but on a bike you will be surprised at how short a mile feels.
Come join me it will be fun!

30 days 40 miles - not that hard of a challenge....Bring it on June!

June 1st: _______miles
Total: _______miles

Goal: 40 miles

Replies

• iamkelskels
    Options
    I'll join!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bike... however, I have a gym membership so I'll use their bikes :D Challenge accepted! Thanks for the push Kelly!
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    I know a stationary bike is different from a 'regular' bike, but I did 31min at the gym today and went 7miles... 7.01miles to be exact, lol :)
  • kintegra
    Options
    I know a stationary bike is different from a 'regular' bike, but I did 31min at the gym today and went 7miles... 7.01miles to be exact, lol :)

That's AWESOME! Way to kick it off, Bru! :bigsmile:
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Excellent. My neighborohood would be considered interval riding as it's full of pretty steep hills. I average 7 miles in 40 minutes and believe me, it's a tough 40min.

I can't remember everything since this the beginning of the month but I'll post what I do recall.

June 4th - 14 Miles (7 miles 2x a day)
    June 5th - 7 Miles
    June 6th - 7 Miles

Total: 28 Miles
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'll join...sorry I am a few days late! And I can't remember exactly which dates so far I have biked, but I keep track of the total in my signature.

Month-To-Date: 14 Miles

Going on a short ride this evening as well. Good to find more people who enjoy biking =)
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    month to date as of yesterday is 14.. I'm gearing up right now and hoping to hit 10 today :D
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Just completed another 10!!! 10.36 to be exact! :drinker:

Co.me on Miss Kelly..you can't let your lil sis show ya up on your own challenge :devil: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Mixmode
    Options
    I am going to ride but not until later tonight cuz it's crazy hot outside. Instant energy drain. Uugh
  • kintegra
    Options
    Just completed another 10!!! 10.36 to be exact! :drinker:

Co.me on Miss Kelly..you can't let your lil sis show ya up on your own challenge :devil: :wink: :flowerforyou:

OK Miss SNARKY little SIS!:laugh: Its TOO DARN HOT outside right now! I'm hoping for that cooldown to come thru tonight so maybe I can get some miles in! If not tonight, then definitely by Friday I will get some miles in! :bigsmile:
  • McRebecca
    McRebecca Posts: 72
    Options
    Im on it.. I bike 3-4 days a week.. with a baby buggy too!! lol And joining a lil late...

June 1st: 4.75 miles (this is my daily brisk walk too.
    Total: 23.75 miles to date

I ride and walk this route 3 days a week... 4.75 a day
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Previous Miles: 14 miles
    6/8 Miles: 6.45 Miles
    Total: 20.45 Miles

Halfway there!
  • Bentrain
    Bentrain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Way to go. But be careful, cycling is worst than Crack. you start with a goal of 40 mile and before long you will be doing 100+ miles a week. I know because thats what happen to me 5 years ago.

So again great start and keep on pedaling!
  • Mixmode
    Options
    As hot as it was last night even at 8:30pm I still went out riding. I just made sure I have a water bottle filled with ice (believe me, it melted quick). I was able to accomplish my usual route with only a few moments of fatigue. I really think my neighborhood is perfect HIIT because it's very up & down. There are few parts that really kick your butt with also a few moments of recovery. It's just enough to put you at the brink of total exhaustion before you get some relief. I love it.

June 5th - 7 Miles
    June 6th - 7 Miles
    June 8th - 7 Miles

Total: 35 Miles
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    I'll be watcing Friday night :tongue:

OK Miss SNARKY little SIS!:laugh: Its TOO DARN HOT outside right now! I'm hoping for that cooldown to come thru tonight so maybe I can get some miles in! If not tonight, then definitely by Friday I will get some miles in! :bigsmile:
  • kintegra
    Options
    Finally I got out & did a little biking! I would have gone longer, but its dark out now! :grumble:

June 9th: 5.25 miles

34.75 miles to go!
  • McRebecca
    McRebecca Posts: 72
    Options
    We rode 10 miles today... I pedaled every second of it even on the down hills I dropped my cogs into low gear and pedaled through the speed... When I finally got off my bike I felt like I was still pedaling.. lol

33.75 miles.
  • Mixmode
    Options
    June 5th - 7 Miles
    June 6th - 7 Miles
    June 8th - 7 Miles
    June 9th - 7 Miles

Total: 42 Miles

I think next week, if we can catch some cool-er temps, I will expand my course a bit. I would like to make my course 10+ miles. Lot's of neighborhoods close by, I just wanna stay off the main roads cuz I usually ride at dusk or shortly after.
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    WTG everyone!!! Doing ahhhhmazing!!

I racked in another 10.66 so I'm at 35 to date .
  • kintegra
    Options
    June 9th: 5.25 miles
    June 10th: 4.25 miles

Total: 9.5 miles

30.5 miles to go!

You are all killing it! Great job everyone! :drinker: