Muay Thai Kickboxing - Am I crazy??

Options
2»

Replies

• myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    Thanks for the push, all - I just took the plunge and bought it! Their drop-in price is $20/class (1.5 hours) and the deal was $30 for 10 classes. So, even if I hate it, if I go twice it will have been worth a try.

Now I will be very nervous before my first class!! I'll finish my 30-Day Shred first to at least firm up a bit before I get there.

Yay for you!!! I think you will LOVE it and you will be in the best shape ever!!! Martial arts help so much with confidence too...I think you are in a win/win situation...very jealous :) Now go kick some butt!!!
  • HopeBay
    HopeBay Posts: 32
    Options
    I've been doing it for a few years and I love it! Our classes are 2 hours. First 30 minutes is like a boot camp of exercises. Then we learn combo's and practice on a partner for an hour, then the last 30 min is a "burn out" of fast combos. I am drenched from head to toe! If you start, don't expect to looses weight as fast as you will gain muscle. You definitely get toned.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    sounds fun as long as they don't play that terrible music
  • Joe74
    Joe74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm also training in Muay Thai and I'm sure your gonna love it! Especially the striking part. Full body workout, can't beat that!
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options
    So, I came across a deal this morning for a 10-class pass at a Muay Thai academy for a great price. For some reason I'm really thinking about it.... I haven't done anything like this for at least 12 years (took kick-boxing in University), concentrating more on the cardio workouts - spinning, running, etc. I'd love to do something like this to tone up, but am I crazy to jump into real martial arts??

I would have until mid-December to use it, so I could wait until I'm down to my current goal weight (150lbs) to actually start, or I could start now (188lbs) to help me along.

Has anyone tried this before? Did you like it? Would you recommend trying it now or waiting until I lose a bit more?

Try it now, your going to love it!!! You can only work at your pace anyway its not like you can do more than you really can do. Its all mental mind&uck games