NO Fast Food - month of June

Options
nehtaeh
nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
Today is the 1st. I am committed to not going out to fast food for the month. Who's with me? We can keep each other accountable on this thread.

Make it what you want/need it to be. I allow myself subway if I need to go there. My biggest issue is lunchtime so that is what I am focusing on. I will also try to limit or avoid pizza for dinner. I can get a salad if my husband wants to order pizza.

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    i will take that challenge!
  • caradon
    caradon Posts: 14
    Options
    I will do it with you!! Want to be friends?
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    I am so with you on this! For the month of june no fast food, but I too will eat only at subway but no more than once per week if I need too! No more burger king, mc d's or wendys for me!!! maybe I will lose all desire to eat at those places!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You will find it easier to avoid fast food if you are tracking your sodium as one of the nutrients. I don't even eat at subway anymore because the bread is so HIGH in sodium.
  • Lsb119
    Lsb119 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you 100%. Let's do this thing!
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! That's a great idea!!
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow what an awesome challenge! I need to do this too! Lunchtime is my biggest issue! I agree that Subway should be an option if necessary. Great idea!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Friends are good to have! Shoot me a request if I don't get to it first.

I've done this a couple other times last fall. I actually do feel like I want the stuff less after a few weeks of avoiding it. It does sound good, but if I do end up eating it it doesn't taste as good as I think it should. Here's to hoping for that result again!!

Glad to see others taking this on!
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    KaironAndTaviansMommy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im with you. if I have to eat out I will take Subway all the way! I would love to take this challenge cause fast food is a problem for me and my family in our house. :D
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I will take the challange, this is where it is the hardest for me!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    You will find it easier to avoid fast food if you are tracking your sodium as one of the nutrients. I don't even eat at subway anymore because the bread is so HIGH in sodium.

I do track sodium but I'm not a stickler for it. If just watching sodium were that big a motivator for me, I wouldn't be eating fast food in the first place. I just need to commit to not doing it...its worked in the past and will work again.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Omigosh. I SHOULD do this challenge.. :\ Give me some time to think on it, lol! I don't know if I can go without Taco Bell or Chick-fil-a for a whole month!
  • Lucky79z28
    Lucky79z28 Posts: 31
    Options
    Its going to be hard but I am in! This is one of my biggest problem areas!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I will take that challenge, too.
  • kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you stop eating fast food you will lose the cravings for it. Then when you do eat it for the first time again you probably won't feel all that great.

If you have not seen it you should watch Super Size Me.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I'm in! I have been slowly falling off the wagon over the last couple weeks and I need some big motivation. Maybe joining this group will help!
    No fast food for me!
  • Demetrisd
    Demetrisd Posts: 9
    Options
    I will do it.....this will be a really big challenge for me........i will need a LOT of encouragement
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am totally down for this challange. The weekends are the hardest for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!!!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Does Chipotle count? Cause if it does, there is NO WAY I can participate :noway:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    If you stop eating fast food you will lose the cravings for it. Then when you do eat it for the first time again you probably won't feel all that great.

If you have not seen it you should watch Super Size Me.

Agreed! I have seen it and it is a motivator. Its amazing how much this crappy food affects your body, things you don't even think about.