Wrist pain

Options
katt742
katt742 Posts: 196 Member
Lately my wrists have been hurting so bad. Yesterday I couldnt even do push ups or hold my plank because they were killing me! Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions? My boyfriend suggested some sort of wrist wrap or glove....??

Replies

• rlawrimore
    rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use gloves with wrist straps in them. You should also do light weight excercises to strengthen those muscles.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the push up bars can be easier on your wrists than when you do them without, I use them and they give you a deeper range of motion too :)
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you are doing a lot of push ups, I recommend push up bars (Gofit Link below)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1259&bih=655&q=push+up+bars&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17447940115313005621&sa=X&ei=ak_mTdyuPIP00gHexLj7Cg&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAQ#

They are relatively cheap, but they eliviate a ton of wrist strain because your wrists are not flattened out on the floor.
  • manenuff21
    manenuff21 Posts: 63
    Options
    This is my first week back from a really bad sprain so trust me I feel your pain. To get it back to 100% you have to stop anything that involves PUSH or PULL, it sucks I know, USE R.I.C.E

Rest it for about a week
    Ice it for 20 minutes at a time, no longer than 20 minutes every 3-5 hours. Heat feels better but it actually promotes swelling, ICE IT
    Compress it, I suggest a firm brace of just wrapping it, this will stabilize the joints and swollen tissue that cause the discomfort
    Elevate it, try to keep it above your heart to get a good upward flow.

I just did all this for 2 weeks myself so I know it'll work. Also, you can do the plank on your forearms instead of your hands.
  • Carm52
    Carm52 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem (But mostly my right wrist).... Interested to see what people post. Thanks for posting this!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    No one the wraps or gloves. They will only weaken your forearms making an injury more likely.

1. Rest.
    2. What ever excersize makes your wrists hurt; evaluate your form. It's possible that your hands may be in.a strained position.
    3. Moderate curls for reps, and hex holds for time. This will strengthen your fore arms.

Note; Wraps do some of the work for you, if you want to be strong enough to work without hurting yourself- forget them.