Need Soup Recipe.

Options
I have some lump crab meat and some shrimp that i wanna use in a soup. I'm a big fan of cream soups but I'm trying to find something healthier.

My challenge this week is to get in my 1200 cals all of this week and start TF on Monday. It's been hard to do as I always skip meals and that's something i know i need to stop in order to lose weight.

Any Suggestions?

Replies

• 0lola0
    0lola0 Posts: 1
    Options
    Instead of a chicken noodle soup, how about a seafood soup with what you have? You can use veggie, chicken or even seafood if you have, broth as your base. To add more seafood flavour you can add a bit of clam juice in it too.

I would saute:
    1 onion, diced
    1 diced carrot
    2 - 3 potatoes , grated into the soup. It'll give it a thick, somewhat creamy texture without the cream (# of potatoes depends on the # of people you're feeding and the amount of stock. I would probably aim for 2 good size potatoes maybe?)
    1 bay leaf for aromatics
    2 - 3 Garlic cloves (Garlic has a lot of hearty healthy properties) I would mince or crush them. Add them near the end of sauteing so that they don't burn
    I would pepper as I go, but leave out the salt until the very end
    Thyme or rosemary might be good to add as well
    Saute in a bit of butter and olive oil. If you're conscious of fat content then omit the butter. Use no more than a tablespoon of olive oil.

Once sauted, put in stock, bring to a boil, simmer for 10 - 15 minutes (or until carrots are tender) then add seafood at the end and bring to boil until seafood is cooked. Then salt to taste. You can leave out the salt if the broth you're using has salt already.

Hope this helps! If you decide to use this, let me know how it goes! :)