Zombies...

Options
SAR1L
SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
I am not the type of guy which can walk just cause I am supposed to, jump cause I am told to, or any other number of reasons unless I have extra motives on top of losing some weight. I figure a guy has to find something to motivate him.

So started thinking, what do I enjoy.... tv... ( meh it is ok.. ) , zombies ( always cool ) , and wii fit. ( cause I get scored, and it keeps track of progress for me ).

So I combined them, and I watched the first season of "Walking Dead" that I bought from Best Buy over the weekend when I picked up the wii fit. Whole season was only 25$ so was like... ah what the hell.. cheap, retarded season of zombie episodes to laugh at ( cause most zombie movies are quiet terrible... and boring, and terrible ^^ ).

So I hopped on the wii, started doing the free step, pace workout, set it for 30 min, and lol.. turned on the show... and man lol what a kick @$$ combo.. bwhaha.

So if you are a zombie lover and you are working out, maybe a good zombie flick while working out is something to keep those flesh eaters from nipping at your heels.

Replies

• britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Sometimes when I go running I tell myself I am training for the zombie apocalypse when I may need to do a fair amount of running and staying in shape. Same with strength training -- I need to be able to wield that chainsaw, and wimpy arms aren't going to cut it!
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My niece gets this shirt when she finishes C25K with me.

http://www.snorgtees.com/zombies-hate-fast-food
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Next step Zombieland! Number one rule of Zombieland; Cardio. You got it!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Couple of zombie songs to add to a cardio tunes mix too.

Jim Carroll - People who died -> credits of Dawn of the Dead 2004
    Distrubed - Down with the Sickness -> Dawn of the Dead 2004
    Gone Guru - Dead Rising -> Xbox

I've slowly been working on a cardio worthy playlist, anyone got anything from zombieland for my playlist?
  • SAR1L
    Options
    @brit.. bwhaha nice... "not going to cut it"

@Alex.. I gotta get me one of those!

@Sparrow.. I kinda like Metallica myself, "Wherever I may Roam" is a great track, Hans Zimmer has some epic stuff! Also...
    Breaking the Silence (Terminator Salvation Soundtrack) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VD9zitn7lc dunno the artist but.. song is wow.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The goal of my playlist is to be songs related to zombie genre & cardio worthy.

Its a tough proposition to come up with songs that meet that criteria.
    Songs from zombie movies
    Songs from zombie video games
    Or even songs about zombies

I should start a thread in the Misc area, see what kind of feedback I get and maybe complete a playlist.
  • SAR1L
    Options
    Ah I gotcha, was thinking just post apocalypse in general. If I find any though will send them your way, songs, not the zombies.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    This may sound crazy. But one of my intentions of working out is to have the strength/speed to outrun and fight a zombie. Zombies are my biggest fear. I can't even watch a zombie movie without thinking about it non stop the next day. It probably will never happen, but WHO KNOWS!
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    @brit.. bwhaha nice... "not going to cut it"

@Alex.. I gotta get me one of those!

@Sparrow.. I kinda like Metallica myself, "Wherever I may Roam" is a great track, Hans Zimmer has some epic stuff! Also...
    Breaking the Silence (Terminator Salvation Soundtrack) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VD9zitn7lc dunno the artist but.. song is wow.

Haha, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Some one is actually trying to make this a reality. City of Epic.

http://www.tecca.com/news/2011/05/20/city-of-epic-exercise-rpg/
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    whats cool is zombie run! its an app for the droid that uses gps to map your location and puts zombies which are red dots on the map that chase you as you run to wherever it is you plan on going. you can even adjust the speed of them to however fast you want. i think its an entertaining way to go for a jog.
  • kerrebou
    kerrebou Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been watching Reaper as I do the free step. It's kind of zombie related?