Unofficial MFP Spokesperson (No More Excuses)

Options
Am I the only one that feels like the unofficial spokesperson for MFP? People ask about my weight loss because they see how serious I am and I can only assume that it's inspiring, I love that aspect of it. It's the ones who say they want to lose weight but don't want to do any of the hard work that comes with it that really make my *kitten* itch. I tell friends about MFP and a number of them signed up but then make excuses:

"I don't have the time to log everything I do." (But you can post a status update on FB every hour???),

"The food I eat isn't in the database", (Really? out of the thousands, if not millions of people that use MFP you are the first person to eat that item? Unless you're eating elephant *kitten* and Mongolian lava leaves, it's in the database, if not, add it!!!)

"It's too hard to use"(I'm your friend and I'm on the same grind as you, I'll help you anytime you need me)

"I forget to use it" (really? Have you also forgotten that you don't like what you see in the mirror? or that your physical appearance completely overshadows who you really are?)

My friends and family, I'd give you the world if you asked for it, but stop asking for things you don't want to work for. I'm not a personal trainer but I'm training myself pretty damn well and I can at least support you in your journey to fitness, all I ask is that you help me, help you. If not, then at least do me a solid and stop asking me for help then making excuses as to why you can't eat better or workout. I'm taking this new lifestyle very seriously and the bull$hit you're feeding me is putting me over my calories for the day.

C-Y-L

Change YOUR Life

Replies

• Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Agree. Agree. Agree.
  • tiffanybowers
    tiffanybowers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pahahahaha!! Now THAT made me laugh out loud. LOVE IT!!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this post!

This made me laugh out loud at my desk--"Unless you're eating elephant *kitten* and Mongolian lava leaves, it's in the database"
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Well said, Definitely agree 100000%
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YES! YES! YES!
    100% with you. Effort = Results.

PS> Love this: the bull$hit you're feeding me is putting me over my calories for the day.
    I might put that in my signature.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    It's the ones who ask "what's your secret?" then lose interest when I say "diet and exercise - I eat less and move more".

What did you think it was? Magic beans? FFS! :explode:
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    but it's HARD when you don't know know how many calories are in an african elephant's *kitten*, the data base on has the asian elephant listed!

Well said dude very good thread!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    so so so true! Yeah i love the excuse of not having time. Really? last i checked we all get the same 24 hours a day. funny how one can find time to go to store buy junk then eat it. But they don't have time to read labels or count calories. and these are the same people who say they've tried everything to lose weight but nothing works.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    oh this made laugh!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    YES!!! OMG I have a friend who is pushing 400 lbs. he was always asking me for help, even before MFP. Then he says 'Oh one of the girls in the office asked if I was losing weight, it really made my day.' So I asked 'Have you been using MFP? Counting your calories?' to which he answers 'No it's too hard, I cut back on how many burgers I have every day.' You could hear my jaw hit the floor for miles. He cut back on his burgers 2 days ago and was convinced that it was already showing. We also talked about diet soda and I told him it wasn't good for him especially at his size, he said 'It's better that I drink 8 diet sodas than 8 regular.' Every day was met with excuses, too busy, too tired, too whatever. I gave up, I don't mind helping people, making suggestions but you have got to get off your butt and do SOMETHING for yourself.

Another quick question, just how many servings and calories per servings is in Elephant *kitten* and Mongolian lava leaves?
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It's the ones who ask "what's your secret?" then lose interest when I say "diet and exercise - I eat less and move more".

What did you think it was? Magic beans? FFS! :explode:

This is my MIL, totally. She is obese and getting bigger. She takes no exercise and makes/eats loads of homemade cakes. Every time she comes to visit she brings us cakes and chocolate.
    She used to play competitive badminton, and I think would like to play again, but something stops her. I said "what's the worst that could happen if you give it a go?" She said she would play if I would, but when I said "yes, let's do it" she backed down. She can see the weight I have lost and asked what my secret was, I just said it's not rocket science - eat less/better and take more exercise. She looked really disappointed and changed the subjet. Everyone wants a magic pill.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Damn! you went HAM on they *kitten*! Thats right Lazy people, get it right or get Left! People can do anything they want to do and they do whats important to then, so obviously living a healthier lifestyles isn't one of them because they would take it alittle more serious. I like the part about FB and the mirror!
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    love this post!!! So True, I agree with everything you said!!!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    LOVED THIS! I just posted a similar thing as a status update.

Yes, it's discouraging to hate how you look/feel and it's easy to give up. However, every-single-person on this website felt that way too. We manned (and WO-MANNED) up and took charge! That's the only way it gets done.

Thanks for tellin' it like it is!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! People ask my DH and I what we've done to lose and when we say we counted calories, they say "Oh I could't count that high" or some BS excuse like that. It takes everything I have to not just lose and say to stop making excuses and get off your *kitten*. I get tired of hearing that we (DH and I) do not need to lose anymore because we are skinny, etc. I used to be that person as well, but look at me now. I tell people all the time about this website and how easy this lifestyle is but still hear the BS excuses. When you have a heart attack and die at 40 because you are fat, I don't want to hear it. Wait, that's cold, truth hurts!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I agree too. I used to way more than my sister. I am losing and she is gaining and now I look at her and think Oh My God, she is so unhealthy. I still have a LONG way to go but I am making changes. I've lost over 30 pounds so far.

I talked to her the one day and was like come on we can do it together, it's easy - they even have an app for it - and that I am 110% serious that if it were not for MFP I would not have lost (and more importantly kept off) the weight and continue losing.

Every time I see someone who hasn't seen me in a while and they ask I tell them MFP... it's all that you need. Tools, Support, Apps, but.... you need to bring dedication and a no-quit attitude.... without those it won't work.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    God, so true. Someone in the biggest loser contest I am in said she doesn't have the time to work out like the rest of us. Well, the rest of us have full-time jobs, some two, and some have kids to care for, as well. Puhleese.