walking and pushing stroller?

Options
Does anyone know how many more calories you burn by pushing a stroller when you walk rather than walking alone?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u would need a HRM to calculate this correctly for yourself
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    hard to say. Theyve got an option for walking pushing a wheelchair, but without mentioning the speed, so i dont see how it can be accurate. it would also depend on the weight of the child.

I often powerwalk to the childrens nursery with both of them (3 and 4) in the double pushchair and its bloody heavy and i know im burning some cals, but i just record it as walking, and sometimes i just put it that ive walked slightly faster than i have to make up for the fact i was pushing the buggy
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Or take your average HR manually and enter it here. That's what I do for all workouts.

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I just use the one on MFP and it works for me- if you don't have time to be super detailed don't worry. I find I am losing weight just as the site promises when I code that- and I walk pushing my son often. Just type in walking stroller on the search under exercise. :smile:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I just use the one on MFP and it works for me- if you don't have time to be super detailed don't worry. I find I am losing weight just as the site promises when I code that- and I walk pushing my son often. Just type in walking stroller on the search under exercise. :smile:
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All good ideas! :-)
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I just went for a 30minute stroller walk and MFP said 146 calories burned but my HRM said 246 calories....so my advice would be to invest in a HRM for accurate calorie burn amount!!! :wink: