Help! I hate water!

Options
2»

Replies

• cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    People love to drink their water through straws, that seems to help get it down faster.

When I'm not in a water mood I love club soda or seltzer, you can get them plain or flavored and there isn't much in those but water and bubbles.

My husband won't drink water unless there is a gun to his head but I can get him to drink Crystal Light which isn't totally calorie free but it sure is better than juice or soda.
  • julieb66
    julieb66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok! I've seen that on commercials and actually wondered if it was tasty or not. I'll try it...thanks so much!
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cosigning with the MIO Liquid enhancers. Bottle looks like a tear drop. All of the above natural suggestions are awesome too. I stick with Berry and Fruit Punch MIO b/c they're 0 everything. 2-3 half second squirts for a 16 oz glass/bottle of water is all you need if you absolutely can't get pure water down.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I always add a scootch of lemon juice to it. and I also count pure green tea as water intake...or try hot water with lemon in it
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    crystal light makes these little packets i think they were called "pure" and they dont have that terrible "fake sugar aftertaste" in fact, i dont think they use any fake sugar .. hence no aftertaste.
    Good luck.

I didn't know about this. I don't like to use crystal lights because of the fake sugars ( its really not water when you add them its splenda juice) but a natural alternative is something I would be interested in. Thanks!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The MIO is good. I also found lemon & lime in the sugar aisle--I think it's called True Lemon (no artificial sweeteners). They are pretty good, very faint citrus taste so it's a subtle change. Good Luck
  • peytoniscute
    Options
    any zero callorie flavoring is fine. But just tend to drink a little more plain water everyday so you can get used to it.
  • lasita
    lasita Posts: 4
    Options
    I really hate water too! I try to put lemon juice inside mine! and it helps!
  • julieb66
    julieb66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok, everyone, I'm writing all of this down and will be making a trip to the grocery store at lunch today! Wish me luck....I've tried to start drinking water for a while now and just couldn't make myself do it. Maybe this will get me started! :wink: