Help, need a quick low sugar, low sodium lunch!

eericson51
eericson51 Posts: 57 Member
edited 1:41AM in Recipes
I didn't bring my lunch today and need to run out to get something. But after loading in my meal tonight for dinner, my choice for lunch puts me WAY over on sugar and sodium. Anyone have a quick low sugar, low sodium lunch idea? I do have access to a grocery store if needed, but only a microwave and toaster oven to cook with!

Replies

• a quick salad is always nice! :) add some fat free dressing (catalina is very good) and munch away :)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    My lunch today is an easy tuna salad. I made it with 1 can of tuna, 1 mashed avocado, green onion and salt to taste. I'm eating it on toasted 'thin' bread. Yum!
  • eericson51
    My salads always tend to be high in sodium and sugar (I LOVE PICKLED BEETS!)...and I've had a salad every day this week. I could go for it again I guess...ugh, but those beets get me every time. I just don't know how I can make up for the fact that I'm so over on sodium and sugar (it is good sugar, if there is such a thing...I eat a lot of fruit).
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Bag of spinach--min. calories
    Tomato
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese--low fat/min calories
    Low carb tortilla-low cal/carb/sodium
    Pear-omit of 26 carbs is too much and enjoy SF jello instead.

NO cooking
    Put it together, spreading cheese, slicing tom/pear, adding spinach.

Cool no cal drink
    Enjoy and good luck.
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    my lunch today is a can of tuna with a little mustard and on the side I'll have green beans that were nuked in the microwave here at work, on a papertowel with a wet paper towel on top for 30 seconds then moved around on the towel before 20 seconds more to thaw them. they are like little green french fries to me. easy to pop in and snack on during a working lunch. i can only have 2.5 cans of tuna per week (if i have no other mercury issue fish) so today is a good day, I love my high protein tuna!!
  • avarney01
    avarney01 Posts: 3
    Check out a large Wendy's Chili! It's low cal and high fiber. :) Also, they have some great half sized salads that really fill me up. If you get a baked potato without butter, that's not bad for you either.
  • pdamrell
    pdamrell Posts: 1
    I will usually have a small chili and a Caesar side salad (minus the dressing). I just pour the chili over the salad :)
  • eericson51
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I'm gonna try the low sodium can of tuna and avacado! That sounds delicious! And maybe I'll grab some veggies to snack on with it! I'm already over on sugar and sodium, so anything I can do to help not make it worse the better! And its time to get extra water down today!

Thanks again!
  • avarney01
    avarney01 Posts: 3
    I love to pour chili on a plain potato! :) I'll have to try that with a salad. Hmm... all this talk about chili is making me think Wendy's for lunch!
This discussion has been closed.