Egg Yolks

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
I eat egg whites often and when I do I throw away the Egg Yolk...anyone have a creative idea of what to do with them?

Replies

• imallyson
    imallyson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cook & feed to your dog. So good for their coats!
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Yep dogs love them, they can have them raw also.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    And she loves to "help" me eat...I've done that but not that often.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why don'y you eat them? I couldn't eat just egg white :noway:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I eat the yolk, it's where all the good stuff is. On the rare occasion i need to separate the yolk from the egg I cook them and feed them back to my chickens or use them in another dish (hollandaise sauce, custard, etc. Of course these things are high calorie so it's not like I'd want to do that everyday!)
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Eat the whole egg I say. The yolk has its health benefits too.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    They make a really good face cleaner lol put it on your face and let it dry and it peels off like a face mask.makes your face feel great.i know it sounds crazy but i do it all the time and im blemish free :)
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options

Thank you for posting this.. I eat the whole egg at least 3 times a week.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing as I seperated the yolks & tossed them in the trash today! Seems like such a waste!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If you don't want yolks, another option is to buy cartons of pure egg whites. While I'm another one who says that egg yolks contain most of the nutrients of an egg, and I definitely eat them, I also use egg whites to add size/substance and extra protein to my omelets without adding a lot of calories. Something like 2 whole eggs and 1/2 cup of egg whites makes for a great omelet.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I do exactly what Mike said.

I'll buy a container of egg whites, sometimes egg creations/egg beaters as well.
    I'll put 1/2 cup of egg whites and 1/2 cup of egg creations.
    Sometimes 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup.

Recently I've been using up the eggs and I will have 1 egg with 1/2 cup of egg whites.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    personally i eat the yolks has all the good stuff. What do you think nourishes the baby chick in the egg??
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You could also buy the "just whites" that are in the egg section. Then there is no waste. If you want hardboiled eggs, there are these things called eggies. You pour in the whites and boil them. Then you have hardboiled egg whites - no yolk and no shell to peel.

EDIT: Yeah, what thumper and Mike said - haha
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I do eat some - typically I eat one whole egg with two egg whites.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I do eat some - typically I eat one whole egg with two egg whites.

This is what I do and save the yolks for cheesecake--the real stuff. I am "required" to make it for every holiday and special occassion, so those extra yolks come in handy.