probably shouldn't have

Options
I know when your not feeling well you should really exercise, but although im loaded with a cold i don't feel that bad so i did a 30min light dance workout, i kind of hope i havent scre*ed it up this week

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you arent feeling well I would let your body rest
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you arent feeling well I would let your body rest
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to have a break too.

Hope you're feeling better soon:flowerforyou:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to have a break too.

Hope you're feeling better soon:flowerforyou:
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    As long as you're getting plenty of rest and still eating healthy foods, a little exercise won't hurt. It will probably help clear your breathing a little. Drink lots of tea and if you feel too stuffy sit in a steam-filled bathroom for a while, that can loosen things up!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had a cold last week and took 2 days off exercise - it's bad for you to workout with a virus...
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Your body knows what it needs and can handle, so as long as you are listening, you should be fine. You didn't feel that bad, so you did a light workout. Sounds perfect to me! You didn't go crazy and ignore your cold, but since you didn't feel too bad to get up and move at all, you went ahead and did what you could.

I don't think you can mess up the whole week with one light dance workout, unless you're dancing on broken bones. ;)
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Fever, bad cough rest...head cold/allergies ...do what feels good....I am sure you will be fine
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    If your body feels up to it...then do it....if you feel to sick then don't do it. You are the only one who knows how your body feels...
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    you made the right choice :)! Doing too intense of a workout can slow the process of healing! Make sure you are drinking lots of water and getting your nutrients! Let your body heal!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I know when your not feeling well you should really exercise, but although im loaded with a cold i don't feel that bad so i did a 30min light dance workout, i kind of hope i havent scre*ed it up this week

If you feel up to exercising then exercise. As long as you're not forcing your body so hard as to make yourself more sick because you've become obsessed with exercise I'm sure you'll be fine. Now fix yourself a nice cup of hot tea and put your feet up.