Barely do anything and my muscles are burning..

Options
I'm 46..5"2 @ 146 lbs... I am SO out of shape! I worked out really good yesterday.... but today I am tired and drained..and I tried to do my workout.. Leslie Sanson's 4 Fast Miles... and my legs are burning.. hardly doing anything! What The Heck!!??

(BTW.. it's not soreness/pain..as in pulled muscles.. but burning...)

After seeing these great replies!! Here is my response up top here so ya don't have to reply anymore if ya don't want too... THANKS TONS!! AND GREAT JOB On You Weight Losses!!

**Hmm.. well.. I think you guys are right..Idid do a lot yesterday.. my first day... I felt great yesterday though! LOL I did 45 min of that w/o I mentioned... I also wend on a 45 min hike up a butte... and then later..unplanned..went on another 20-30 min hike around our hilled neighborhood.. Maybe I should take it a little easy..BUT Jillian Micheals would have NO MERCY! LOL **

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    could be left over from yesterday
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I get like that alot the day or two after my workouts depending on how strenuous they are just take it slow or take a day to rest til your body gets more use to it!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout did you do? It sounds like you are doing too much. You are over training. Your body is telling you it needs rest.
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. well.. I think you guys are right..Idid do a lot yesterday.. my first day... I felt great yesterday though! LOL I did 45 min of that w/o I mentioned... I also wend on a 45 min hike up a butte... and then later..unplanned..went on another 20-30 min hike around our hilled neighborhood.. Maybe I should take it a little easy..BUT Jillian Micheals would have NO MERCY! LOL
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You did tons yesterday! Sometimes it takes awhile for the adrenaline to wear off. For my sister, when she does a workout she doesn't feel it for a minimum of 24 hours. I feel it after 20 minutes. It all depends on who you are.

You may wanna stretch those sooooore muscles, though. I've found it helps to limit the soreness next time, and relieves it for a bit this time.

Way to go!
  • dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks Skates.. but they aren't sore..like pulled.. they burn... just moving a bit.. Its hard to explain.... but I'll rest a bit.. You guys are Great!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree, sounds like DOMS from over use yesterday. Gently stretch and/or massage the tender areas and maybe even take a gentle walk to keep the blood flow to the effected areas. Maybe take some Advil to help ease the inflammation too...
  • phog007
    phog007 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you by chance doing South Beach, Atkins, or anything low carb? My wife and I use to do South Beach and I would notice a burning sensation sometimes with very light activity.... especially in induction phase...

good luck