Insert generic greeting here

Options
Brinklj
Brinklj Posts: 10 Member
Hi, I'm Justin. I just finished nursing school and it's time to start my new "real" life with a career and healthier choices. I am 6'5" and started a week ago at 420 pounds. I've lost almost three pounds this week just from keeping the diary so hopefully I can build off of that. My wife is doing it with me, but I don't think I should publicly post her "Stats". She gets mad because I'm allowed over 3,000 calories a day and she only gets 1,900. Anyway, I just wanted to post a "hello" message before I start replying in other forums.

Replies

• SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's great that you and your wife are doing it together! That will set you up for success having someone to support you, spur you on and be accountable to. good luck!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Very nice to have your wife doing this with you, a lot of my temptation comes from the fact that everyone else around me can eat whatever they want, and I cannot. Good luck on your journey and welcome to MFP! I'm sure you will both love it!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It is great that you guys are doing this together! Support from my family and friends is what has gotten me this far, so I know how important it is. Feel free to friend me if you want some extra support!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    congrats and welcome you can friend me if you would like. After 2 weeks it will be easier for you wife. You can actually eat quite a bit on 1900 calories. My diary is open I get I think 1780 it just changed. Also when you exercise you earn calories to eat. Best wishes to you both remember the hardest is the first 2 weeks then it's a piece of cake or now something healthy. Click on peoples names and if their diary is open you can find meals and brands of food which will save you time until you get used to it
  • fluffyinny
    fluffyinny Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Justin,
    Congrats on finishing Nursing school. I am is NS and have 1 more year to go, I have been gaining weight as each semester passes. Sitting on my *kitten* studying. Best of luck with your journey. Welcome to MFP!!!