Weight Loss/Birth Control

Options
2»

Replies

• TGen44
    TGen44 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have always practiced NFP(Natural Family Planning), and it's worked awesome! This is not the outdated unreliable "rhythm method." I cannot say enough about it. It's 99% effective when practiced correctly, promotes a healthy respectful relationship with your spouse, and the only type of birth regulation that is TOTALLY natural--no hormones! Here's a link to more info if you're interested...
    http://www.ccli.org/nfp/
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have the Mirena, and I've had no issues with gaining weight, trying to lose weight/inches. Plus, I have no more "that time of the month." It's fantatic and freeing!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love my Mirena IUD.
    No weight gain.
    No pills.
    No problems.
    It's perfect.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Well, during the short period of time I had health insurance I was on Joleesa which is the generic form of Seasonique (that may be spelled wrong) and I actually lost weight on it....not much but a bit. Plus it's the sort of pill where you only get TOM 4 times a year (soooooo amazing!!!!) so you don't have to worry about that monthly 2-3 pound influx.

I take Levora, which is another generic form of Seasonique. I didn't gain any weight on it and it is FABULOUS to have fewer periods every year. Plus, I don't experience mood swings, excessive bloating or hunger when I do have my TOM. Also, you can get if from most pharmacies for $12-$25 if you are uninsured.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have been on loestrin and ortho novum 7/7/7. I have never gained weight with either, although the loestrin did make me a little jittery for the first few weeks. I really feel like part of it is psychosomatic - if you think you are gonna gain weight, you will probably start slipping up and then gain weight!