Chalean Extreme

Options
Kat5343
Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
OK, just received an email about this last night and I am intrigued...Says you will lose 60% of your body fat in 3 months....anyone tried this workout system???

Replies

• wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I haven't used ChaLean Extreme, but have heard great things about it! I am REALLY interested in trying it! The best way to lose weight is by doing cardio AND strength training (PLUS nutrition)! What I like about this workout (and why I would try it) is that it involves both! Plus Chalene Johnson is an awesome motivator and makes every workout fun! If you are interested let me know :)
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    bump
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have done CLX and I have no idea how much body fat I lost...I lost 25 lbs with it and I love it. When I am done with Turbo Fire I will do the CLX/TF hybrid.
    Chalene Johnson rocks!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    It's a great work out, anything Chalene does is great. It is intense and I know people who have had amazing results using it. Good luck on your journey.
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Ok I am doing my own little hybrid of CLX and Turbo Fire...well b/c CLX has some cardio but not really that much...so far I am loving them...I have only been doing these for a couple of weeks...I feel better I am not saying that you have to do both but for someone like me that has about 80ish lbs to shed the combo works great for me....if you have a great cardio program and want to add on some weight/strength training I think it is great....these are really just my two cents....sorry if I have confused you more than helped you
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I'm actually a Million Dollar Body Game 2011 Finalist for this program. I loved it!

Here's my review: http://youtu.be/wcjKqQf4mCc
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    It is a great workout! I have done 1 round of Chalean and just finished a hybrid of Chalean and Turbo Fire! I dont know how much my body fat decreased, but my lean muscle has most def increased!!!!
  • delzfit
    delzfit Posts: 5
    Options
    I don’t recommend it or any other home work out I tried several and I do have Chalene Extreme while it is a good work out most people fall of the wagon after a few weeks. I found the greatest success going to a gym and use a physical trainer every so often. The gym become a routine and when you see results you really get moving. Also remember do your cardio after strength training because you will burn the most fat. Your cardio should consist of at least 20 minutes at 60% – 80% of your training heart rate.

1 Subtract your age from 220. (Example for a 28-year-old: 220 - 28 = 192.)

2 Multiply the result by 0.55 to determine 55 percent of your estimated maximum heart rate. (For a 28-year-old: 192 x 0.55 = 105.6, or approximately 106 beats per minute.) This is the low end of your training range, or the slowest your heart should beat when you exercise.

3 Multiply the result from step 1 by 0.90 to calculate 90 percent of your estimated maximum heart rate. (For a 28-year-old: 192 x 0.90 = 172.8, or approximately 173 beats per minute.) This is the high end of your training range, or the fastest that your heart should beat when you exercise.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the afterburn effect is not that great for women. I have done my research and I've tested it. However doing cardio afterwards is good because you haven't stressed out your muscles before strength training so you can train heavy with correct form.

Now as far as CLX. I just started it and I love it. I'm a Zumba person. I do not like strength training but CJ is a excellent motivator and she pushes you to go heavy.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don’t recommend it or any other home work out I tried several and I do have Chalene Extreme while it is a good work out most people fall of the wagon after a few weeks. I found the greatest success going to a gym and use a physical trainer every so often. The gym become a routine and when you see results you really get moving. Also remember do your cardio after strength training because you will burn the most fat. Your cardio should consist of at least 20 minutes at 60% – 80% of your training heart rate.
    I'm in my 3rd week (BURN).... and I LOVE it....

I am usually one of those people that get bored of exercise DVDs after a couple of weeks.... I did with Jillian Michaels 'No More Trouble Zones'.....!

But I have to say I actually look forward to my weight lifting session with Chalene.....

I started my weight loss journey in January, and I do ALL of my exercise at home.... the one DVD that I've stuck with the longest so far is Turbo Jam DVD, which I started in March....

I've lost 33 pounds and over 40 inches all over since January 2011..... so that actually negates your theory that home workouts can't work.... !

It's up to the individual to motivate themselves to put the effort in......

Unfortunately the afterburn effect is not that great for women. I have done my research and I've tested it. However doing cardio afterwards is good because you haven't stressed out your muscles before strength training so you can train heavy with correct form.
    Actually the afterburn is actually quite good.... I wear a KiFit (UK BodyMedia Fit), so I was able to see what my calorie burn rate was after my lifiting session on Monday....

For the 1st 2 hours I burned 3.5 calories per minute, then it dropped to 2.5 calories per minute - normally it's 1.8 - 2 calories per minute.

Compared to cardio where I burn at 8 - 10 calories per minute during exercise, then within 20 - 30 minutes it's dropped back to normal....
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd week (BURN).... and I LOVE it....

I am usually one of those people that get bored of exercise DVDs after a couple of weeks.... I did with Jillian Michaels 'No More Trouble Zones'.....!

But I have to say I actually look forward to my weight lifting session with Chalene.....

I started my weight loss journey in January, and I do ALL of my exercise at home.... the one DVD that I've stuck with the longest so far is Turbo Jam DVD, which I started in March....

I've lost 33 pounds and over 40 inches all over since January 2011..... so that actually negates your theory that home workouts can't work.... !

It's up to the individual to motivate themselves to put the effort in......

Actually the afterburn is actually quite good.... I wear a KiFit (UK BodyMedia Fit), so I was able to see what my calorie burn rate was after my lifiting session on Monday....

For the 1st 2 hours I burned 3.5 calories per minute, then it dropped to 2.5 calories per minute - normally it's 1.8 - 2 calories per minute.

Compared to cardio where I burn at 8 - 10 calories per minute during exercise, then within 20 - 30 minutes it's dropped back to normal....

Thats good and you are in the exception. Research says it about 50 more calories and you are way over that. I don't even get the 50 unfortunately. The after burn surpose to be a 24 hour burn. But If I sit still and watch tv I am at my normal 1.4 calories per minute...it can even drop to 1.1. I wear a bodymedia as well.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love Chalene extreme...well so far. My friends have had amazing results with it. I just finished p90X and got too bored with it, and the workouts were too long. Chalene is h
    Just right. Contact me if you want more info
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just finished a Chalean Extreme/TurboFire hybrid and loved both! I'm amazed at how much heavier I was able to lift by the end of the program. I've done P90X and Insanity... for some reason working out with Chalene Johnson, although it's really tough, it goes by so fast!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme is an awesome workout! In the first 30 days I lost 11 and 3/4" from all over my body. Including 5 from my waist! I can't wait to see where I end up!:smile:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Do you have any proof to support your claim because I've seen plenty of people on this site to dispute your claim that "most" people fall off the wagon of working out at home.

Anywho, to the OP, I'm on my 2nd week of the CLX/TF hybrid & I LOVE IT! I would definitely recommend it.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing it. I am just over 30 days into it. And I love the program. I haven't lost a whole lot of inches but have toned and tightened a lot. I am hoping to lose some more inches this month. I have stuck to this program because I enjoy it. If you find one you like then you will stick to it!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm official starting it Monday. I've done a few work outs while waiting for TurboFire to come in the mail to do a hybrid but I'm just not waiting any more. I can't afford a gym or personal trainer so I do home work outs. I plan on switching out the cardio with Zumba, On Demand exercises from Exercise TV and TF when it arrives.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I started it this week. I love it and thoroughly recommend it if you are looking to build muscle without walking into a gym and having no idea what to do with the weights.
  • delzfit
    delzfit Posts: 5
    Options
    Do you have any proof to support your claim because I've seen plenty of people on this site to dispute your claim that "most" people fall off the wagon of working out at home.

Anywho, to the OP, I'm on my 2nd week of the CLX/TF hybrid & I LOVE IT! I would definitely recommend it.

Let me clarify by saying I have spoken with probably 50 different people and almost all of them found success to a certain degree with home fitness. But from my own experience will power is not a strong suit for those who are having difficulty losing weight and there needs to be a fundamental change in our life if we are going to see the greatest chance for success. The behavioral influences are best offered through support. You need personal motivation and ability, social motivation and ability and structural motivation and ability. These are six sources of influence that will facilitate success in any change. All I say is there facilitate are a lot of quick fixes but old fashioned calorie counting, eating healthy and exercise works. When you’re in front of the TV and you get tired there is no peer pressure (social motivation) to push you. The interruptions and multitasking that can happen during home workouts affect the (structural motivation and ability). Many of those people I spoke to eventually hit a plateau and the fellow gym members and/or personal trainers help them get past it. But ultimately if it is working for you do it just be ready to make a change if you see yourself slipping....if you see yourself slipping. Good Luck.

PS. gym memberships are not that expensive I did the math and I found is costs what I save on junk food in a month…and if you quit smoking it is even more of a savings.