Sep 15th, MFP Runner's Club

Options
Morning,

Got in a little over 4.75 miles this morning.

Have a great day all!
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Got in a little over 4.75 miles this morning.

Have a great day all!
    Mireille
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Just finished my Shred Challenge and decided to re-focus on running. The Shred has really helped my endurance. Today I ran 4.5 miles and walked .5. For me this is great. I'll try to post when I can, thanks all for keeping this thread. You all inspire me to keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    4 miles here! :smile:

Have a great Runday! (get it??? not Monday...Runday....)

yeah...:grumble: I know......:huh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

I think you are brilliantly funny! :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I think you are brilliantly funny! :bigsmile:

I think you are brillaintly perceptive. :blushing:

:smooched:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Just got back from 7.5 mile run! It was nice and cool out. Weather is starting to change:angry: I hate the cold!!! But, long sleeves and shorts are still good. Hope everyone has a great start to their week!!
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Only had time for 3 mi. this morning. We finally had a cool morning in Texas!!

Have a great day!
    JD
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing a spin class this morning, but when we got there, we realized it was scheduled for 6:45 PM instead of AM. :laugh: So I did the elliptical instead. I'll run again tomorrow morning.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    G'morning! I'm going to head to the Y for a run + swim this morning. Another yucky rainy day, I'm SO sick of rain!!!!!! :grumble:

Shannon ~ Runday makes me think of something Scooby Doo would say. :laugh:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Took a week off 'cause there's something going on with my foot. I think it was just bruised since it's feeling better. Got to run this morning:

5 min. warm up, 18 min. @ 6.2 mph, 5 min. cool down.

The first 5 min. were really hard but it got easier and I'm really happy to be back in the groove.
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    No run for me today--yet. I started my new strength training routine that my husband's personal trainer at work came up with for me. I can already feel it working. My arms and legs are jello-y and a little sore. I might see if I can get in a run this afternoon or evening, but my husband is out of town for the week, so we'll see.

Have a great day!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Sooooo...with the seasons changing, how are ya'll handling running in the dark in the mornings & evenings?

I find I cut my runs shorter because I'm too dancingchicken.gif to run off a lighted path/road.

:grumble:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sooooo...with the seasons changing, how are ya'll handling running in the dark in the mornings & evenings?

I find I cut my runs shorter because I'm too dancingchicken.gif to run off a lighted path/road.

:grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: Took me a second! That's what one gets when they only get 4 hours sleep!

No run for me today. Did Interval X plus this morning. Still nursing sore hip (it tweaked again on the weekend:grumble: ) Wish I did run, weather is perfect, cool and no sun. Still run in shorts and tanks in this weather!

Have a great day all!

Carol
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I run around the university here in town because it has the most light. I sometimes head down a couple main roads here because there is lights and traffic, so i feel somewhat safe.:ohwell:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I am lovin' the indoor track. Perfect for running, no matter the weather or light! :happy:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did a quick 3 miles.

Ugh. i'm bummed with it getting dark earlier. It definitely means more runs on the treadmill for me. Not a big fan of running on the treadmill. :grumble:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

:laugh: sounds like scooby doo! Rut row....

Any who, 3 miles today for me and body pump tonight. The weather is finally letting up here and cooling a bit in the early evening so I may get a little extra in after dinner while I take energy boy out for a bike ride!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    OK, I got in a 4 mile interval run and then 600 yd swim at the Y. Then grocery shopping, power walking through the store! :laugh:

Jess
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and been running since June of this year. Got to tell you guys that going from not even being able to run 500ft without hyper-ventilating to being able to run the 10K Human race on 08/31/08 has been a major accomplishment.
    I never thought in a million years I would enjoy running like I do today. It just clears my mind,I fell better and with the right music keeps me motivated to till the end.

I do 5K on a daily basis now (Mon-Friday). But need major help toning my upper body. Any suggestions out there?
    What day's should I do strength training?

Thanks!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and been running since June of this year. Got to tell you guys that going from not even being able to run 500ft without hyper-ventilating to being able to run the 10K Human race on 08/31/08 has been a major accomplishment.
    I never thought in a million years I would enjoy running like I do today. It just clears my mind,I fell better and with the right music keeps me motivated to till the end.

I do 5K on a daily basis now (Mon-Friday). But need major help toning my upper body. Any suggestions out there?
    What day's should I do strength training?

Thanks!

Hi Giggles,

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

If you're gonna run every day, I'd say really listen to your body. Your knees & joints will need a rest. :smile:

Maybe do a strenth training or long bike ride on Wednesday, just to break up your exercises. :smile:

/old woman with old woman joints advise :ohwell: