Don't be....

Options
gec1266
gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
I have been on this site and have seen many people make great strides (congrats to all of you). I have also seen where people will say,"I am so scared to post these pics" or "I'm so upset to see myself like this" or "I am so overweight"...etc. Listen,don't beat yourself up over these and other trivial ideals. You are a strong and beautiful person and will get to your goal(s). Use the negative tools as positive motivation. You already know where you don't want to be,so looking at these factors will help you to stay focused and determined to get to where you want to be.......I was there,so I know what I am speaking about. I was 228.2 when I started this "life change". Because this is something that will be in place for a healthy life. I digress,I happened to pick up my god daughter and she told me,"Uncle Glenn...your fat just like my daddy." At this point,I kept smiling and playing with her and pushed it to the wayside saying,"I'm not overweight.." Not long after,a simple 60 foot jog and the heavy breathing that came afterwards let me know that I was indeed overweight. So,as my motivation,I kept her comment and my jog (not to mention my body image in a full length mirror..whoa) fresh in my mind and started out on my transformation. From January 19th,2011 through June 1st,2011, I have lost 35.8 pounds and weigh in at 192.4 pounds. I know if I can do it,anyone of you can and will be able to do it as well....I am with you 100% and will be here if you need a little positive motivation (from time to time)........Keep pressing ahead and reach for your goals!!

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you for posting this, you are absolutely right!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great story ... congrats on the weight loss.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nice!:happy:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive boost. I need it today. I too have come so far (42 lbs down and counting), but all I see is what I still need to lose. I feel great most days, but today isn't one of those day. I feel like I did 42 lbs ago. I still have a pouch that just won't disappear and probably never will totally (that is what kids will do to you, but I wouldn't trade them for the world). Tomorrow the sun will shine again.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    funny, I think I know what post finally prompted you to write this. You are correct and ppl should be proud. Let us see those beautiful B & A shots....

just checked and I was right...score for 2keys...LOL
  • mollygirl61
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome wtg. You are right in so many ways about how we think. A happy healthy lifestyle will keep us around for years to come to enjoy what life has to offer us. I may fall but i get back up and keep on pushing and this is truly an inspiration to all of us.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for the motivational message!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Love the message. That is great.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Nice! and congrats on your healthy new outlook!
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this motivation, and I'm very happy for you in your success!
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Glenn, that is a great message and a very true comment as well. Good to read it, as with most things on MFP - always good to hear and see someone who had a similar frame of mind...
    Great job on your journey so far as well and thanks for the little kick I needed
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! I do very much believe that you have to love yourself before you can change yourself.

Excellent!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!