BWL Monday September 15- PURPLE TEAM

Options
How was everyone's weekend? How do you think your going to do at weigh in tomorrow and Wednesday (please do not get specific about the weight).

Don't forget that this week is measurements! Canelita's is going to want the following measurements:

Neck
Upper Rib Cage
Waist
Hips

(please tell me if I forgot something)

As for me, I did some yardwork this weekend which includes mowing a HUGE hill in my backyard. I ended up burning through over 3068 calories :noway:

I wish I could see it on the scale though!!!!

My husband came home in shock, and I told him I would do it again to burn all those calories :smooched:

My weekend was good after the Redskins won yesterday :drinker:

I can't wait to hear from the rest of you!

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    How was everyone's weekend? How do you think your going to do at weigh in tomorrow and Wednesday (please do not get specific about the weight).

Don't forget that this week is measurements! Canelita's is going to want the following measurements:

Neck
    Upper Rib Cage
    Waist
    Hips

(please tell me if I forgot something)

As for me, I did some yardwork this weekend which includes mowing a HUGE hill in my backyard. I ended up burning through over 3068 calories :noway:

I wish I could see it on the scale though!!!!

My husband came home in shock, and I told him I would do it again to burn all those calories :smooched:

My weekend was good after the Redskins won yesterday :drinker:

I can't wait to hear from the rest of you!
  • melissa73
    Options
    I had a good weekend too... I mowed our yard too. With the kids going back to school they just don't have the time... My yard isn't to big though. I was going to trim it but only got the back yard done because i couldn't find the string to refill the weed eater.
    I didn't workout this weekend. But did do a lot of walking with the kids and played volleyball too. So it wasn't to bad...
    I am really struggling with not having a workout partner anymore. I started this new life with a friend of mine and we did everything together. :cry: But she got a job this summer and hasn't been able to workout with me... I have tried to get other people I know to workout with me but nobody likes me... :sad: :sad: No they all are busy and don't have time.
    But I am determined to do this. The eating part isn't the hard part it is the working out by myself. I am seriously thinking of joining this spin class that we have in town... I'll keep on truckin on and get through this. I know that I can.
    Thanks for letting me vent...
    Melissa
  • tall_t
    Options
    I had a good weekend too... I mowed our yard too. With the kids going back to school they just don't have the time... My yard isn't to big though. I was going to trim it but only got the back yard done because i couldn't find the string to refill the weed eater.
    I didn't workout this weekend. But did do a lot of walking with the kids and played volleyball too. So it wasn't to bad...
    I am really struggling with not having a workout partner anymore. I started this new life with a friend of mine and we did everything together. :cry: But she got a job this summer and hasn't been able to workout with me... I have tried to get other people I know to workout with me but nobody likes me... :sad: :sad: No they all are busy and don't have time.
    But I am determined to do this. The eating part isn't the hard part it is the working out by myself. I am seriously thinking of joining this spin class that we have in town... I'll keep on truckin on and get through this. I know that I can.
    Thanks for letting me vent...
    Melissa

I too struggle with not having a workout partner... I finally decided that I have to do this for myself with or without someone to help me....I have to lose this weight on my own... and then I can't wait to be skinnier than them :laugh:

I would be willing if you want to be your accountability partner and check in with each other every day on what kinds of workouts we are doing.
    I also am taking a spin class on Wednesday... LOVE IT!
  • melissa73
    Options
    OH that would be awesome. I can do that. It will help me too.. Thanks. Melissa
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Hello Purplers :bigsmile:

Sounds like you too had a hardworking weekend :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!!

The eating was horrible this weekend, but I did drag my bum off the couch this weekend and hit the treadmill for 30 minutes, running/walking. And tonight, I'm doing Jillian Micheals cardio kick boxing and then 10 minutes of yoga to stretch it all out.

I haven't been to the gym in over a week thanks to a back issue that turned into a shoulder/neck issue. I think it's all clearing up now, though, so hopefully I'll hit the gym to lift by Wednesday!! I'm excited because I have new ruotines to try from "hers" magazine. :happy:

:flowerforyou:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Hello hello!!

The eating was horrible this weekend, but I did drag my bum off the couch this weekend and hit the treadmill for 30 minutes, running/walking. And tonight, I'm doing Jillian Micheals cardio kick boxing and then 10 minutes of yoga to stretch it all out.

I haven't been to the gym in over a week thanks to a back issue that turned into a shoulder/neck issue. I think it's all clearing up now, though, so hopefully I'll hit the gym to lift by Wednesday!! I'm excited because I have new ruotines to try from "hers" magazine. :happy:

Oooohh Please share and let us know how they work!!!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Hello hello!!

Oooohh Please share and let us know how they work!!!

O, the routines are awesome, from what I see. They use competing body builders (but not HUGE women) as their models, and it is SO motivating. None of that fluff about bathing suites or lipstick. Just eatin plans and workout plans. I strongly suggest it!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too bad...well, except for all the WINGS I ATE! OMG! It's my weakness. I confess. I didn't do too bad otherwise. I've got company in town right now and it's making it a little hard to stay on track, but at least I haven't gone over my calories. Somehow that makes me feel better.
  • tall_t
    Options
    I didn't do too bad...well, except for all the WINGS I ATE! OMG! It's my weakness. I confess. I didn't do too bad otherwise. I've got company in town right now and it's making it a little hard to stay on track, but at least I haven't gone over my calories. Somehow that makes me feel better.

:love: Wings :love:

YUMMMMMY!!!

I am proud of you for staying under your calories!!! Keep it up!!!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    My weekend was good ... I spent it cleaning and doing laundry ... I didn't get to do any of my workouts but, I'm sure I burnt some calories with all the cleaning.

Where are all the other Purple Members? :cry:
  • stephi92569
    Options
    The weekend was great. We actually went out for dinner and stayed on track. It was awesome.

BTW, I am so excited that tonight is the season premier of The Biggest Loser. YEAH!!! I love that show. Bob and Jillian totally kick butt!!! :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :sad: I feel like I'm letting everybody down. It's been like 3 weeks and I just can't seem to stick to it. I just don't understand why I'm being so stubborn. :sad:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    :sad: I feel like I'm letting everybody down. It's been like 3 weeks and I just can't seem to stick to it. I just don't understand why I'm being so stubborn. :sad:

Well, snap out of it woman! cz53.gif You want this. You know it. Heck, we all want this for YOU!

I'm stubborn too. Baby steps. Are you having problems with the eating part or the exercising part?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Well, snap out of it woman! cz53.gif You want this. You know it. Heck, we all want this for YOU!

I'm stubborn too. Baby steps. Are you having problems with the eating part or the exercising part?

Both, I've been eating over my calories every day with dinners mainly consisting of pizza or McD's, eating candy chips and soda. Ugh it's just so frustrating and I can sit there and think all day how I'm going to have a sandwich for dinner but I get home and just order pizza...and then I'm pissed off at myself and eat even more than I should. I haven't exercised, but once in the last 3 weeks, not only because I don't 'feel' like it, but I'd have to clean up all my bf's tools and all our other crap out of the living room so that I can. I'm just feeling so uninspired and unwilling.:grumble: :sad:

AND I had gotten all the way down to 192.4 or so a few weeks ago and as of this morning I'm back up to 199.6, though that may have something to do with the 5 or 6 pieces of pizza I ate last night. :brokenheart:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Aww...:brokenheart:

Maybe try having some of whatever you'd like but in moderation, also try eating a healthy snack with a bottle of water on your way home .... that's what helped me stop overeating, after that first week....:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Options

Both, I've been eating over my calories every day with dinners mainly consisting of pizza or McD's, eating candy chips and soda. Ugh it's just so frustrating and I can sit there and think all day how I'm going to have a sandwich for dinner but I get home and just order pizza...and then I'm pissed off at myself and eat even more than I should. I haven't exercised, but once in the last 3 weeks, not only because I don't 'feel' like it, but I'd have to clean up all my bf's tools and all our other crap out of the living room so that I can. I'm just feeling so uninspired and unwilling.:grumble: :sad:

AND I had gotten all the way down to 192.4 or so a few weeks ago and as of this morning I'm back up to 199.6, though that may have something to do with the 5 or 6 pieces of pizza I ate last night. :brokenheart:

Sweetie.....:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:

I'm in the same boat every other week. What I've done is when I'm being stubborn is to do some soul-searching. I ask myself why it is I'm counting calories and working out. And the honest answer will pop right into my head:I'm FED UP with feeling fat and un wanted and unattractive! I'll grab tight to those and start again.

Don't give up, sweet heart!! Remember you can't disappoint anyone but yourself in the end. :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

2097.gif Awwe. Don't get discouraged. It's okay. It really is. Somehow, you need to find a way to trick yourself or re-train your brain. And it's different for everyone. I know it's hard. It's hard for me too...all of us, I'm sure.

Ya know, you don't have to go to the gym or even step in front of the tv for a DVD class. Pick yourself up and go outside! Or just think of all the calories you could burn by moving all your bf's tools. lol You can do it! C'mon! Just around the block once or twice. At least you'd be moving.

Make your own pizza and get really creative with it. Try some spinach or some chicken (or both - yummy). How about a turkey burger and some baked potato slices drizzled with some olive oil and spices? Hmmm.... Now I'm getting hungry!!

I have to tell myself these same things almost everyday. Writing it here hopefully doesn't just motivate you, but ME too!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

It's interesting to me that you used the word stubborn.

A while back I realized that I use eating as a way to rebell. I am a very "color inside the lines guy". I work hard, take care of my family, go to church, responsible with money..." I found that when I was eating emotionally there was a "ha, I'll show them" feeling to it. Which wasn't logical especially since I don't know who they are. Over time I realized that this was a way to rebell and relieve stress. Of course I gain weight and ultimately add stress. It's still a daily battle, but at least I understand and I hope over time it gets easier.

Keep trying to understand, you're intelligent and responding logically to something, you just need to figure out what it is.