Praying for success - day one (100th attempt)

Options
2»

Replies

• lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    bring equal parts patience and persistence and you will do well.

a tip... don't weigh daily... weigh weekly. bodies fluctuates up and down all week long, and that can lead to frustration or thinking that you aren't accomplishing anything. some weeks you lose a few pounds, some weeks you lose a half pound, some weeks you plateau! patience is important on the weeks that weight loss isn't coming so quickly; always remind yourself that you are doing exactly what you need to do to achieve your goals, and if you persist, you will continue to see results.

also, it's not always about the scale. when you start exercising more, you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat. if vigorous exercise is something you are going to include in your routine, you may want to measure inches as well so that on the weeks you don't lose, you will see that you are still changing your body for the better.

healthy weight loss takes time to achieve, and i think more people achieve success when they look at this as an overall lifestyle change and not a diet that will end at some point. good luck!
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I started this I needed to lose 87lbs and like you I thought that was insane. Who can lose 87lbs without a personal trainer and/or living in some type of facility? I am a REAL person here and I have to go to work and deal with everyday stuff! AAAHHHH!!!
    BUT then I calmed down and figured it out. I can't lose 87lbs, that's just nutty, but you know what I CAN do? I can lose 5lbs, and if I can lose 5lbs once, why can't I do it twice? You know, I bet I can lose 5lbs darn near 19 times if I can set my mind to it!
    You can do this! Welcome aboard! :)
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I know exactly what you mean, I have a mirror that takes 20 lbs. off I swear and I usually rock along thinking I'm fine UNTIL I see pictures! Arrgh!

Just break it into little goals, and think of it as a lifetime commitment. Eating well and exercise is a fabulous gift to give your family, but more importantly, to give yourself!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I was facing losing 140 lbs and I'm here (half way to that goal in 5 months) to tell you it IS possible and if you are motivated and consistent, success is right around the corner. Get your head in the game and DO IT! We're here for you along the way.

Best of luck to you,
    Shanna :flowerforyou:

PS: YES! I felt the same way - ya, I'm a big girl but not too bad and then...WHAM! A single picture can shatter that thought in a heartbeat! :noway: