Super new here and would like some friends!

Options
Hi there! My name is Starr and I am a single mother of 2 sons. In this past year I have lost 60 pounds on my own. I am so excited that I have found myfitnesspal! I just know I'm on the road now to losing those few extra pounds! Id really like to talk with others on this site and hear their stories. I always find when you have weightloss buddies it really helps! So feel free to write me or add me!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey Starr!

I am also new (just started today)! I am 27 years old, no kids, but married.

I have tried to lose weight for about 7 years now, and I was sucessful of reaching my goal weight only once a few years back, and it was when I was using an online fitness/calorie counter (a different one from this, which is no longer as good as it used to be so I joined MFP today).

I have tried everything, and I find the only thing that works is being aware of your calories.

Welcome (and CONGRATS on your 60 lbs so far!!)

Feel free to add me as a friend (you may be my first!)
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi! feel free to add me - i don't have any kids but i also lost around 60 lbs by myself, now working on about 15 more...and i'm also from LA :)
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Been here for a while and lost a little, it gets easier and the support/advice/direction is what's needed (some days more than others).

I've found the biggest issue to be the family diet/exercise saboteurs!!!

Feel free to add me, anyone else for that matter :D
  • LizWatkins
    Options
    Hi I am new too.. Just started today... Had a baby 9 months ago and was over wt before the baby... so i really need to start doing something... it is really hard though because my Husband is super skinny... And my friends are too.. so no one to really do it with me.. So i joined this site cause one of my friends joined and she says it helps her a lot... You can add me if you like.. no friends yet either!