I may just kill my scale this week!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it :mad:

Starting weight 292, step on the scale yesterday morning 284 (at 8 wk point in p90x) so I'm thinking COOL, on track to loose about 10 lbs total doing the program for 90 days. Get on the scale last night 288, now how did I experience a 4 lb wt change in about 12 hours? DEATH TO ALL SCALES, DEATH TO ALL SCALES. I was 286 this morning however, so don't know what went wrong there.

Replies

• p90x_Dude
    Options
    And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it :mad:

Starting weight 292, step on the scale yesterday morning 284 (at 8 wk point in p90x) so I'm thinking COOL, on track to loose about 10 lbs total doing the program for 90 days. Get on the scale last night 288, now how did I experience a 4 lb wt change in about 12 hours? DEATH TO ALL SCALES, DEATH TO ALL SCALES. I was 286 this morning however, so don't know what went wrong there.
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Could be water weight. I know that I burn nearly 5lbs every night...but always get it back at the end of the day.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ohh, don't weigh at night! Think about all the food and drink you had during the day. That was causing the weight gain. And then being 286...sometimes it takes awhile to get rid of all the water/waste (not to be gross). Don't let it get you down! The scale can fluctuate up and down during the course of the day depending on what you bring in and what goes out! LOL!

Weigh once a week and it will be a truer weight.

Hang in there!!
    -Tami
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It's probably water weight!

I NEVER get on the scale at night.

I have a ritual haha.... every Friday morning... at 5am.. on the 3rd tile from the wall.. naked AFTER peeing LOL!!!!! ;)

:laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    if you weigh at night, take into account that pretty much everything you've eaten during the day is still in your body. And, probably much of the fluid you had drank within about 4 hours prior to stepping on that scale. I know that I can count on losing between 2-7 pounds from my weight at night to my weight in the morning--depending on various factors--but average about 3-4 pounds difference by morning.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't weigh yourself 3x in a 24 hrs. time. You just won't get an accurate reading especially at night after eating and drinking all day. I say take the 284 and wait till next Sun. weigh in again.
    Congrats on the weight loss:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • artnoren
    Options
    I average about a 2lb. difference between morning and night weight. I weigh myself twice a day to insure that my water build up remains within a range as I am on Lasix to minimize water retention. If I did not have to weigh myself daily, I would weigh in once a week in the morning at the same time. I would also weigh in before dressing so that my weight was "natural" Good luck.
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you definitely should weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after the bathroom trip, haha, with no clothing, to get the most accurate weight.
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Yep I usually get the 6am weighin in the birthday suit to get the most accurate reading, sometimes I just jump on the scale and for the last 3-4 weeks my wt has been pretty constant w/ maybe a 1-2 pound fluctuation from morning to evening. I'll stick with the am weighins so my scale will make it to 90 days.

:happy:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm protecting my scale from the death to scales rampage. :laugh: It told me 150.4 this morning. I've been stuck in the 151 area for a week or two. Don't fear scale, I'll protect you. :bigsmile:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I hafta use the scale at my club... that way I won't be quite as tempted to break theirs! :angry:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I know men and women are bound to have some differences in the weight loss arena. I know if I don't weigh first thing in the morning (birthday suit weight) that I am bound to get a different weight reading than in the evening. My PM weight goes up by up to 5pounds. Sucky! If I work out, then weigh myself, that is when it is at it's greatest... When you push your muscles, they can retain a bit of water. They need this to recover and rebuild.... You will probably get your most accurate number in the AM, before you eat, before you have some coffee, and before you work out.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That happen to me. I change my weight 3 to 4 pounds but I think is water weight.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Every 16 oz glass of water (normal size water glass) adds 1 lb to your weight. If you had ingested a couple of glasses of water and ate something, and not eliminated you would have added 2 - 5 lbs to your weight right there. Plus, if you were in undies or nothing in a.m. and even had just jeans on in p.m. thats a lb or 2 right there.

It is less significant when you weigh, more so that all the conditions be as equal as you can make them. Same clothing, same general amt. of food ( I like the none version!) etc. Yeah - stick to the a.m. weight!! Good luck dude - you're doing awesome!
  • hondamamma
    Options
    Hey Angie I found ya on here. I have to thank you for showing me this sight. Since I have been loggiong every little thing I eat and drink on here I'm getting somewhere. I have 10 to go..
    Lovw ya mom
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Yep I usually drink water like crazy, especially on workout days. So technically I'm down to 284 from 313 (actually 292 beginning p90x though).

Thanks guys/gals, I love this site!!! We have to be each others keepers, keep the encouragement flowing throughout this site.

God bless you all
  • hondamamma
    Options
    Yea my scale does that to. but my daughter always told me never weigh more then 1 day a week . First thing in the morning after you pee. LOL Try not to get upset you will get there.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Dude, did you have any family visit from out of town? Like, say, your Aunt Flo?! :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    is fitness chick bored with this subject? O I think so. lol:laugh: :laugh:

Dude youve been doin this long enough to know....only weigh in the morning......argh!! :explode:

( but if you find a really cheap scale crusher let me know!)