got bored at the gym!

Options
So I have recently gotten really bored at my gym. I have been working out for about 2 years and absolutely love it, but sometimes I just feel like I need a little motivation for those days that I get lazy! I found this great gym in Manhasset, NY called The Fitness Loft, and they have all kinds of amazing classes, such as bootcamp classes, pole dancing, kettlebell classes, all types of yoga, ariel fitness (like they do in the circus), and it always keeps me interested, because it is a different type of working out. I don't do the classes all of the time, but when I get off of my healthy eating and working out, or get bored and need some new motivation, the navy seal that runs the bootcamp kicks my butt!

Although this gym does keep me interested in fitness and I love the environment, i am only in college and cannot afford to take group classes all of the time, on top of my gym membership... can you all share what exercises keep you interested?

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Getting stronger, being able to increase the weights I use and seeing muscles starting to develop; totally motivates me!
  • sjwarren66
    sjwarren66 Posts: 16
    Options
    I change out my workout routine at the gym every few months - I switch up my cardio and strength traiing so it all doesn't become to "routine. But... lately I've been slacking in attendance even though I "feel" like I get a better workout at the gym. I attribute this to the fact that I've been taking my exercise outside now that nicer weather is here - i'm walking more (motivated by a pedometer), either in the neighborhood or at a nearby state park or I'm hopping on the bicycle. I'm sure when it gets too hot, I'll be back in the AC at the gym... :smile:
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    At the gym I watch episodes of TV shows on my iPhone (recent ones are Breaking Bad and Boarwalk Empire :) on the treadmill (even while jogging/sprinting) and the elliptical. Re classes, many gyms offer classes free with membership. You should join a gym that does that so you don't have to pay extra for your favorite classes. I go to Crunch which is great that way but I dont think there are any near Manhasset. There's a NYHR I think? Also, in nice weather, going for bike rides and running outdoors are good, though personally I don't like running outside, weird as it seems.

Also challenging myself to do things like pull-ups, pushups and mastering other exercises I previously couldn't keeps me motivated once I'm there.