Ive hit the wall....

etherealdrow
etherealdrow Posts: 1
edited 1:50AM in Introduce Yourself
What do you do when you no longer seem to be able to lose weight but youre still heavily over weight?

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    oops
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 208 Member
    drink more water, watch the Sodium, and Burn more calories *up the exercise*
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Here's a piece I wrote on why we plateau, and how to begin losing weight again. Good luck!

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    it's probably time to switch up your routine a little bit - evaluate your foods, see where you can switch out for more healthy options, and change up your exercise routine - challenge your body in a new way if possible.
    water water water

and stay positive! good luck!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    No matter what, it's probably time to do something different. Either more cardio, less food, or start lifting weights.

I have read studies showing that most people underestimate their calories. Your diary is private but I think that's the first place you should look. Weigh and record every morsel of food that gets past your lips. Don't assume something is a cup, measure it. You might find that you are eating a lot more calories than you think.

I personally started losing weight when I broke my three meals a day into five or six. I would eat half my normal breakfast, then eat the other half in 3 hours. Same with lunch. Then a normal dinner and a late snack if I had calories left.
This discussion has been closed.