WW Lifetimer new to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi Everyone,
Am trying to get rid of my last stubborn 10-15 lbs!! I have plateaued and I know I need to look at my eating plan more carefully.
I have lost and kept off 15 lbs for the last few years but I still have more I need to get off!!
I am a runner and have run 3 half-marathons in the last year and a half. Running alone is not the key though!
I need to eat better!!!! Idon't want to completely deprive myself but I want to hold myself more accountable with what goes in
my mouth! Glad to be here!!
:wink:

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Do you do any strength training?
  • gec1266
    gec1266 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am on the journey to become a WW lifetime member (just have to do maintenance for another 6 weeks and I am there). I know how you feel when it comes to eating and trying to reach a goal. Something that has worked for me (and might for you) is eating many time per day. I eat 9 times throughout my day (breakfast/lunch/dinner and pre set snack times). Now,the snacks aren't anything huge,a fiber one bar here,orange slices there....etc...but for me,it sped up my motabolism and helped shed a few stubborn pounds. Don't know if this will help but this is what worked for me....Best wishes on your continued success...
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have done little in the way of strength training and am going to attempt to change that too!
    I think it will help my running and hopefully my metabolism too.
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I loved WW and lost weight with it even though I did not exercise like I should have while on program!!
    Now I'm running so much more but have gotten away from eating well. I guess I have to pay attention to BOTH exercise and eating well!!! (DUH!!)
    Congrats to you on your success!!!!