Hi....from a newbie.

Options
Hi, I'm new to MFP....found the app in the Android market a few weeks ago, and have been using ever since. I loved the mobile app as I was able to log my food in real time, and then ventured online and found a whole lot more tools. Been on the weight loss journey before. never get to goal weight, and always gain the weight back plus more. This time I decided to do something different...try it out slow, change up my diet a bit, and excercise more consistently...and try not to worry about the pounds (that's a toughie). Any way, I like what I see so far, and hopefully this is it for me...finally, my life changing diet journey. I like the way MFP guides me on my caloric intake, and I try to eat all my calories (plus the excercise ones), but don't quite understand how it works. And what do the net calories mean? Any insight? Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• ejhayes
    ejhayes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me as a friend. I love this site, lots of encouragement and positive attitudes :smile:
  • hbabu
    hbabu Posts: 3
    Options
    Net calories are the total amount of calories you have consumed after taking the negative calories of exercise into consideration. So if you've eaten 400 calories and you've burned off 900 calories, you're net caloric intake is -500. And remember Aesop: slow and steady wins the race :-)
  • wysie218
    wysie218 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and insight....much appreciated :smile: