Any over 40 only wanting to lose about ten pounds and findin

lisafu24
lisafu24 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I'm 44 and finding losing weight and gaining muscle like I did when I was 20 or 30 is so difficult now at this age. Any of you going thru this and if so any words of wisdom you would like to share?? I am a bit opposite of some people I think I undereat which has not helped with my metabolism.

Replies

• Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Over 40 here with 15 lbs to go. The first 30 were a breeze, but these last 15 seem WAY harder to lose.
  • Mama_cc
    Mama_cc Posts: 45 Member
    I am 42 and trying to lose ten. So far I have only dropped 2 lbs-one per week. Hardest weight I have ever shed. When I was younger and clothes got a bit snug, I could just tweak my intake and would see huge results fast. Not now. I tend to under eat, especially on big workout days, which does crazy things to my metabolism, I think.

I have found that on days I eat more, more loss on the scale the next day. But then the next day I am not so hungry- so I let lots of exercise calories go uneaten-which leads to two days of frozen scale. I am new to this and am trying to find my groove. For me being consistent in calorie intake must be important.

I also am trying to find effective workouts to match my new metabolism. Any suggestions? Right now I do arc trainer and bike at the gym, and incline trainer at home. Next week I am adding weights. Would love to hear what works for you guys!
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Dont train too hard. I know it sounds crazy but if you train too hard you will go into starvation mode and stop losing weight. I am watching my intake like a hawk and work out a little everyday to earn a few more calories. Just cutting my intake back to 1200 calories is allowing me to lose weight.
    BUT. that is just my opinion and I have never been on a diet before. I just want to lose my Gut and get back into shape. Everything I have read on the subject says do not eat too little food.
    I do 20 or 30 cardio 5 times a week and weights 3 times a week. I just started including the MFP on 5-31-11. Before that I wasnt really dieting.( just watching what I was eating) Boy was I wrong!
This discussion has been closed.