Belly bump

Options
I have been working out at the gym for about a month straight now. Even though I am starting to finally see some changes, I still have a pretty big belly bump right under my belly button. What are some things I can do to rid that ugliness? Any suggestions are greatly accepted!

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There's no way to spot reduce fat. You can do ab exercises to tone the muscles under it but unfortunately all you can do is keep burning fat 'till your body decides to shed it there.
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hate to say this but that belly bump is the last to go and its so hard to lose.... really have to doing at least 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training... weight training will help you to lose to BMR so you burn more calories through out the day and eventually lose the belly bump...
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Like everyone else said you can't spot reduce and where you pack it on first that the last to go.
    Nutrition is key, keep your diet tight, do your cardio and weight training.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have been working out at the gym for about a month straight now. Even though I am starting to finally see some changes, I still have a pretty big belly bump right under my belly button. What are some things I can do to rid that ugliness? Any suggestions are greatly accepted!

Yeah my little belly pooch is so frustrating too. Like others say you just have to keep doing cardio and strength training, eat well, and your body will eventually decide to eat away at that fat. Mine is definitely a little smaller now, but it's still bleh. I can't wait til my body is like TIME TO EAT TUMMY FAT!
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The kangaroo pouch that we women get is really part of our "curvy" shape, but if you specifically train your transverse abdominus muscle that will help. Reverse crunches train mostly the rectus and a bit of the transverse (if you lower your feet to tap the floor between the crunches and make sure you don't let your low back pop up) You'll feel the transverse as you try to keep your back from arching. This is one of the most important muscles for low back stabilization and can help decrease low back pain too.