Trying to find the time and motivation..

Options
toya316
toya316 Posts: 137 Member
Trying to lose weight for years but can never get around to making the commitment.. I am a very busy person that don't even have the time to cook or even workout.. I eat about 95% of my meals out and really need to figure out a way to lose this weight and eat more healthy. Can someone help? :yawn:

Replies

• adecker2007
    adecker2007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    try packing foods! :) Take sandwiches, carrots, celeary, apples, grapes, oranges. You don't have to cook to be able to eat right! :) Good luck!!
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I live off frozen skillet type meals. They aren't the perfect option but have worked as a good transition to eating more at home. Most seem to take only 10-20 minutes to get together start to finish and really, I'd be sitting at a booth for that long waiting for my dinner so the the lower calorie, lower price, better portioned at home thing is working for me so far. Also, cook a few things on the weekend and portion it into single portions and store in the fridge to eat off for the rest of the week. Maybe small steps like that will help you transition and eat healthier? Good luck!!!
  • kellyohagan
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Eat This Not That? Its a book, but they also have daily emails with some pretty good suggestions on what to eat if you have to eat out. I think starting with small changes, even just cutting out 100 calories here and there would really add up and give you momentum. For example, skip mayonaise on a sandwich or don't add whipped cream to coffee. Good luck!
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So you say no time to cook or workout but now if most your meals are out and not fast food your looking at 45mins+ waiting and such
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey! It really is all about planning ahead! Just like some of the other members said, pack healthier items and that will be what you will eat! What do you do for exercise? I have found the best way for me to get an exercise in is by using an at home video and I have found it gives me a great workout! Let me know if you need more ideas or want ideas about home videos I have tried or have learned about!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    it takes planning and packing. I am busy too (work 3 jobs, and volunteer) I make myself get up early in the morning to workout or it would never get done. If I do cook, I portion it out and put it in seperate containers. If I make turkey bacon for example I make extra so I don't have to cook it the next day. Really it is just another routine to get used to. Take the time it is worth it and so are you. Good luck!
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Toya, I know your probably having a really hard time with this being that you logged. Try to think of working out or exercising as a TREAT to yourself. You'll find that through logging your exercise you will want to make time for yourself for you. You'll feel much better. It won't happen over night but it will happen and you'll notice the results. Once you start logging your foods your choices will better and you will feel better for it. Do try to stay away from fast foods and any restaurants. And think of treating yourself by making special foods just for you. You might have to change a few habits but it will be worth it. As you exercise you'll have more energy and your over all well being will better. Therefore will motivate you more. I hope what I'm saying gives you insight.

Also don't weigh yourself for awhile, say about a month. Take your measurements. As you build up a bit of muscle you'll lose the inches and the weight will fluctuate accordingly. You should start noticing changes within a month if you stick to your new food choices and exercise. Exercise could maybe be a 1/2 walk 3-5 x's a week. STart off small and you'll motivate yourself to do more.
    You can friend me if you like the suggestions. My food diary is open as well if you like to take a peak.

Cheers and good health
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I travel often for work and eating out is unavoidable. I've learned to research my options the day before. As in, tomorrow I know I'm going to go _____ restaurant and I'm going to order _____. I don't even look at menus anymore. I come in prepared. lol

The more I do this, the easier it's getting. There are more and more restaurants that I don't have to do so much homework before I go to them. I just can just walk in and order without stressing about what I ate.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think it really comes down to comittment. We could all say pack your meals and plan but if you are not ready nothing will change. That is how weight loss works. I've lost weight eating peanut butter and jelly that I packed. Yes its boring but with two kids, sports and life going on thats what it has taken sometimes when I cant come home. I also have to pack enough food for the kids. I dont want them eating out either. I carry several heavy bags sometimes plus my 14 month old who cant walk yet. I look at calories at resturants if I have to eat out. What ever it takes.

You can do it if you want it.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    :wink: Thanks guys your post really gave me a new insight on different ways to eat on the go...