Newbie.... AGAIN! :)

Options
OK.... Here I am, once again, trying to make the right choices for myself. I am not necessarily a Newbie to MFP, but I have never taken full advantage of it and applied myself the way I should....... I have been a member for quite a long time, but in In August of 2010 I got really serious and started the Atkins diet. By November I had lost 30lbs and hadn't even felt like I had been trying. My mind was totally in it and my commitment level was insane. You could put a piece of chocolate cake in front of me and I could stare at it all day and never be tempted. Somewhere between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, I got sucked back into my old habits and lost all my motivation. I kept telling myself the old lie of...."It's no big deal, just go ahead. You earned it!". Since January of this year I have put back on 12 pounds of the 30 I had lost. My jeans are unbearably tight and I can feel myself becoming increasingly uncomfortable and unhappy with myself. It really hit home today when I complimented a lady in my office on her own weight loss accomplishments and she said that I had been her inspiration. Oh boy, did that ever make me feel awful! To think, that at one time, my own motivation had been someone elses inspiration! What happened to me? How did I let myself get back into the same mind frame that put me at 270lbs????

Today I made a decision..... I am going to conquer this life long battle with my weight. It will be a long journey, and I will struggle, but as long as I continue to make the better choices, I will achieve my ultimate goal of being healthy. However, the mini goal I am setting today is to be able to sit in my jeans comfortably without feeling like they are going to cut me in half or blow my button off sending it through my computer monitor. Translated into pounds, that will be about 10. I am committing myself to a ten pound loss by July 16th. That will be a reasonable pace of 1.5lbs - 2lbs/week....... I will be needing all of the support I can get and will be looking to MFP for friends and encouragement. If there is anyone out there in the same boat as I am, feel free to drop me a line and we can lean on each other!

Take care!
:happy:

Replies

• cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options
    Support coming your way. Add me as a friend and others as well, it's the best motivation when they comment on your progress.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I had a restart as well and have been going strong since.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the double post - my cat did it.
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    You can add me! I too have lost and gained... so here I am on MFP :smile:
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    We are all here for the same reason - we all need the support and motivation. I lost 75 lbs about 5 1/2 yearsago but a few months ago started packing on the lbs again and suddenly I found myself up 24 lbs plus I never lost the final 20 I needed to lose. I was told about this site by my boss 2 weeks ago and I am I glad. The motivation and support is amazing and I have "met" some terrific people. Best of luck on your weight loss journey and feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    WElcome back...it truly is a lifestyle change...i too just realized i ahve gaine back 10 of the 20 pounds i had lost since november....let myself get back in the old rut....but now i am back on track!
  • amiraels
    amiraels Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi guys, Im new to this site but already love it.. this is part of my effort to embrace a healthier lifestyle.. my weight loss goal is not huge but my main goal is to adapt healthy diet and exercise habits for the long run! happy to meet you all :)
  • nebraskapj
    Options
    I think most of us can relate to what you are going through. My weight, too, has went down and right back up again in the past. This time I am truly trying to focus on making lifestyle changes, and not just going on a "diet". Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you need any additional support and encouragement.
  • carinaragazzo
    Options
    Hello to all! New on this site. Looking to lose 15 pounds.
  • Allisonbenge
    Options
    Trying this out for the first time. Started off on Adipex and lost mega weight, just to put it all back on after our wedding. I would like to lose 15 lbs by the 4th and know that is stretching it... its going to be hard staying away from everything but...I dont want those added lbs when we get preg...Hoping to lose a lot and change my life!
  • Angel4ever97437
    Options
    Hey, Ive been on this for 2 weeks now maybe a lil more. Ive lost 13 lbs... Going strong but its real hard, id love to motivate and be motivated you can add me