I'm Fully Awesome!

Options
knittnponder
knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
Well, I'd like to believe that anyway! lol

I'm posting this NSV because I've been feeling discouraged and unwell this week and I need to celebrate a success.

I've been doing P90X and just started my second round. Like I said, I haven't been feeling well this week so I hadn't worked out Monday or Tuesday and today was a struggle to get motivated. But I did it. I put the DVD in and pressed play.

What I did next astounded me! I smoked past every single number on my record for this workout! For those who don't know P90X, today's workout was Chest and Back which is a lot of pull ups and push ups. I have to use the resistance bands since I don't have a pull up bar but I'm on the 90 pound band and when I started just over 3 months ago I was on a sad little 30 pound band and struggling!

The pull ups using the band were great to see some progress on but the thing that really excited me was the pushups! Regular Pushups, Military, Wide, Diamond, Decline....ALL of them INCLUDING the Dive Bombers!! I had AT LEAST five more than my previous high number for EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

So even though I didn't feel good and didn't even want to do it I did awesome! :bigsmile:

And yes, I'm glad I did the workout. I felt so much better I went out and got on the treadmill for my first interval training session. Look! Another NSV!

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Just what I need right now - I have had a dodgy tummy the whole week, and cancelled my gym session on tuesday - still feeling bit yuck, so was going to cancel gym tonight ...

But I am going to to go - and make it happen!!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star girl! Keep it up!!! Very impressed since I can probably do five pushups if someone had a gun to my head.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You rock!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yay you! Keep up the good work.
  • Amy1066
    Amy1066 Posts: 30
    Options
    You are awesome!! You would so kick my butt at sparring :smile:
    Did you decide what you want to do for your birthday?
    Keep up the good work.
  • MamaByGrace8
    MamaByGrace8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah you are!
    Kickin' butt and taking names since 1971. ;)
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Knittnponder, you have totally sold me on P90X. I've been intrigued by it since I first started Turbo Jam and saw the ads on the Beachbody website, but I've been convinced there was no way I could do it. But you're such an inspiration--thanks for being a good role model! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!