Help make me a SUPERHERO

Options
mamagooskie
mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
Sooooooo every year my friend hosts a theme party where we all dress up and the food is all made to match the theme and it's a ton of fun (previous we did hawaiian, hick, 80's) and this year the theme is SUPERHEROS THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT.

So I have 16 days to come up with a name for myself and a costume and I need to have a special skill.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on the costume or accesories, but I can sew, don't mind going to thrift shops and I am looking for something catchy and cute (good guy) or dark and sexy (I don't mind being a villan) but really at this point I just wanna see what ya'll can come up with and I'm sure I can use the ideas and come up with something that works for me.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Something to do with maybe Richard Simmons since you lost so much weight? He was a hero in the '80's for a ton of people and still teaches jazzercise classes in LA I think, but now he would be considered a "has-been" because he is older and still doing the same old routines, etc.

You could get a big red afro wig, make a stars and stripes cape. It could be pretty rockin!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Aquaman is probably the best known underachieving superhero. Captain Planet, Spider Woman and Hancock come to mind as well. Sounds like fun!!
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    The costume doesn't have to be based off a real super hero......it has to be a new made up super hero.......like I could be super ninja or something like that .......I just need inspiration!

PLEASE HELP!
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Something to do with maybe Richard Simmons since you lost so much weight? He was a hero in the '80's for a ton of people and still teaches jazzercise classes in LA I think, but now he would be considered a "has-been" because he is older and still doing the same old routines, etc.

You could get a big red afro wig, make a stars and stripes cape. It could be pretty rockin!

this could be fun! lol
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Aquaman is probably the best known underachieving superhero. Captain Planet, Spider Woman and Hancock come to mind as well. Sounds like fun!!

I could be aqua girl.....but what would I wear? a BIKINI? spider woman could be sexy.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    LOVE Lacey's Richard Simmons idea, shiny bicycle shorts and a tank and the wig and cape, Super Simmons or something along those lines, you'll have to clap your hands a lot (like that chick on the talk show that lost weight by clapping along to his workouts until she had lost enough to walk)
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    LOVE Lacey's Richard Simmons idea, shiny bicycle shorts and a tank and the wig and cape, Super Simmons or something along those lines, you'll have to clap your hands a lot (like that chick on the talk show that lost weight by clapping along to his workouts until she had lost enough to walk)
    this could work but am i good guy (weight loss) or bad guy (fugly clothing) LOL
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    hahaha ok we need to figure a good way to make Richette Simmons into a villian... why would you be taking over the world? ooohhh your goal could be to lock everyone onto cruise ships with awful music! mandatory step aerobics classes for all citizens! (my mom took one of those cruises once!!)