hello from wi

Options
hi my name is jenny. my husband and i need a new lifestyle. we are both very overweight and ready to start doing things right. we have 2 kids 13 and 15. they wont be very happy about all the changes. we need all the support we can get

Replies

• bricker06
    Options
    hi my name is jenny. my husband and i need a new lifestyle. we are both very overweight and ready to start doing things right. we have 2 kids 13 and 15. they wont be very happy about all the changes. we need all the support we can get
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome!
  • heyslc
    heyslc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenny from another Cheesehead! I hope you and your husband enjoy this site as much as I do! I've been a member since Sept., and really enjoy tracking my progress!
  • hennis2884
    Options
    I just joined today to get a jump-start on the new year with a healthier life style. And I'm a cheesehead as well! Yea Wisconsinites! :happy:
  • bricker06
    Options
    nice to know there are people from my home state here. its comforting.
    i have zero will power so i need all the help a can get
  • cmcdougal
    Options
    I just joined today as well. Although not from Wisconsin, originally from your neighbor state of Minnesota. I currently live in California. I have found in the past with anything that I want to do, I need to make it a habit. Once the pounds start coming off and people begin to notice. . . well, this is the best motivation. When I graduated from High School, I weighed 146. That was 35 years ago! After that, I went on a diet and was a size four for the time up to about three years ago when I remarried. Since this time, I found that weight and am back to 147 and a size eight! My goal is not to get back to the 114 that I was for so long (I am 5'5"), but to get down to 120. My first goal is 130 by the end of March, and then to 120 by the end of June. My big weakness is that when I get home from work, I have one glass of wine to unwind. That one glass becomes t wo glasses, and then portion control goes out the window and I eat, and then go to sleep about one hour later! I am starting back my routine of working out in the morning as well. I would love to have some fiteness buddies to encourage, and to receive encouragement as well as I most likely will slip from time to time.
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    welcome cmc and bricker
  • jessjess
    Options
    Hi Jenny! I'm Jessica. I don't have any kids yet, but one "trick" that I'm going to start incorporating into my and my husband's meals is to sneak pureed veggies into our every-day meals. My husband is very anti-vegetables and I really want us to change the way we eat. I bought 2 books - The Sneaky Chef, and Deceptively Delicious. I figure if I can add veggies to stuff like mac n cheese without him realizing it, maybe he'll see that they aren't THAT bad. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck, and welcome!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenny! Your kids might resist it at first but I am sure they will enjoy it, and if you do this as a family you all will have better success. Good luck to you all and Happy New Year!

I'm from Wisconsin too, I think we are doomed all that delicious cheese, and beer.:drinker:
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Hello Jenny,

Welcome to the site. You have taken a great step in ensuring your success by being here. Keeping count of your calories and exercise can really help you stay on track. I wish you and your family great success! Let us know how it goes!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :noway: my husband wont start this diet with me!!! it fustrates me we are both over weight and had dieted together b4 and he done real well by staying away from the mountain dew and drinking diet dr pepper,, he went from 240 to 208 within a few months but has gained it back .any ideas how to motivate him to start this with me???? he use to be to skinny,now he has gained to much i feel if we do this together it will be better for both of us!!!!!