hungry when sleepy!

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
why do i always allow myself to eat lots of sweet and junk when i am sleep deprived?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    why do i always allow myself to eat lots of sweet and junk when i am sleep deprived?
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Your body wants energy... if it's not getting it through sleep then you'll crave more food.

Definitely get your sleep... do yourself that favor. It shall help get those urges under control. Sleep is VERY important.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    You and me both, darling!!

Grab some strong cinnamon gum and drink plenty of water. Try going for a walk to get you blood moving, because psyknife is right. Your body is trying to get energy. So instead of grabbing the super sweet stuff, grab some lean protein and complex carbs and be sure to get plenty of sleep!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    when I find myself getting munchy during the day (I start work at 3 a.m. from home) and my healthy food isn't cutting it, I drink a big glass of water and lay down for 30 minutes. It makes a huge difference. I've tried distracting myself, but then I just become unproductive. Those 30 minutes and water seem to help alot. And the water makes me not overextend my nap because my bladder is about the size of a pea and 30 minutes rest is all I'll get. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    when I find myself getting munchy during the day (I start work at 3 a.m. from home) and my healthy food isn't cutting it, I drink a big glass of water and lay down for 30 minutes. It makes a huge difference. I've tried distracting myself, but then I just become unproductive. Those 30 minutes and water seem to help alot. And the water makes me not overextend my nap because my bladder is about the size of a pea and 30 minutes rest is all I'll get. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I feel you on the bladder thing....
  • :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.