burned more then i ate what do i do

Options
i only ate 698 calories but i burned 799 so what do i do now im -142 calories so now i have over 2000 calories left to eat tonight

Replies

• asilva3111
    asilva3111 Posts: 44
    Options
    Don't eat the calories you burned. You'll see the benefits tomorrow on the weight loss. Eat if you are hungry, but don't eat your burned calories!

Good Luck!
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the calories you burned. You'll see the benefits tomorrow on the weight loss. Eat if you are hungry, but don't eat your burned calories!

Good Luck!

Even if she didn't, she would still have about 1500 calories to eat without including the exercise calories!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Depends what time it is.
    I'd suggest eat a healthy meal and a snack before you go to bed (I'm guessing it's evening time where you are) and then plan your days so this doesn't happen again.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying to eat a net of 1200 calories, you don't want to go into starvation mode!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Eat normally for the rest of the day (don't try to cram in all 2000 calories). But after you eat, sit down and plan out all your food for tomorrow. Estimate your exercise burn, and arrange it so you'll hit your target perfectly. Your day may not play out perfectly, but at least your plan will be perfect. Do this every evening for a while. Soon you will be in the groove. :smile:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i only ate 698 calories but i burned 799 so what do i do now im -142 calories so now i have over 2000 calories left to eat tonight
    u need to make sure and eat AT LEAST ur alotted cals per day! theres already a deficit calculated into them. that part is SUPER important. lots of people differ on the eating back ur exercise cals. i try to eat at least half of them back. for today, if its getting late, ide say dont worry about it if ur not hungry, but tomorrow, try to take in at least ur alotted cals! thats just IMO.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yeah - you should eat SOMETHING...even if it's something small. Peanut butter is a good one. It has good fats and protein, and is really calories dense. Maybe 2 Tbsp of peanut butter on one or two pieces of toast. That could easily add up to almost 400 calories depending on the caloric content of your bread.

EDIT: Like some others posters said, eat at least 1200 calories a day. If you plan out your meals the day prior, that will help A LOT!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You're not going to die if you're under one day. Eat a normal meal, maybe even a bit larger than normal if you're hungry enough. Eat a normal snack if you'd like afterward. Log it all, and just plan better for tomorrow.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Good Luck!

What? Tomorrow? Good luck, is right...
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

Good Luck!

Fat loss happens overnight dontcha know?
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Eat normally for the rest of the day (don't try to cram in all 2000 calories). But after you eat, sit down and plan out all your food for tomorrow. Estimate your exercise burn, and arrange it so you'll hit your target perfectly. Your day may not play out perfectly, but at least your plan will be perfect. Do this every evening for a while. Soon you will be in the groove. :smile:
    This! I workout in the morning and always have a big breakfast after my workout. I know I have the calories to burn, but I want to do it earlier in the day.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Do you normally only eat 700 cal a day? I would passss out! You should definitely be eating more... Especially if you are burning off more than you are eating for the entire day. Eat some cereal... And protein! Remember, protein is your friend.

I have used this site off and on for the past year and just started using it religiously. The one problem I have... Is obviously that when I work out I have "extra" calories. The site says to eat them but deep down inside... I am torn on what to do. In your case I think you are going to the extreme - perhaps sending your body into starvation mode.

Good Luck!

- K
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try to cram a bunch of junk or whatever to eat the rest of your allotted calories. Ultimately, it depends if you're hungry or not. If you tend to find yourself doing this often, I agree with what some other people said and plan out meals so you can eat 1200 calories a day. I used to think that if you didn't eat the minimum 1200 calories a day, it didn't matter - but I found out I was really wrong. Your body really will start eating away at your muscles and such & stop working for you & loosing weight because you're not nourishing it enough.

So, basically, keep up your exercise regimen and just try to get some food in there sometime throughout your day to balance things out & you'll be fine :)

Great job on your workout! Best of luck to you :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

Yes.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

Good Luck!

Fat loss happens overnight dontcha know?

omg!! it does!? cool!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

That's a lot of calories to burn. If you are working out that much you need to eat more. I can't see your diary buy try adding a handfull or two of nuts throughout the day. High calorie but packed with nutrition and a couple handfuls will not make you gain weight or inhibit your loss.