Question for other moms and women in general

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Ooooh yes. Last time I was this weight was when I was 25 and I had at least 4 of a 6 pack back then. Now I have a floppy mess of a stomach. Damn babies!
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh girl do I EVER feel your pain!!! I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with my first kid (I have 3) and my stomach still looks like dirt. I'm pretty sure pregnancy makes your ab muscles seperate (someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure) I think it depends a lot of genetics too. I have had 3 c-sections so I'm pretty convinced that the only thing that is going to help me at this point is a lot of money and a plastic surgeon. :laugh:

Spot on, girl. It's called the diastasis. All the crunches in the world are useless if your abs are split! And, the split won't heal itself. Unless you fix it, it sticks.

Here are some great exercises to help mend the
    gap.

http://mutusystem.com/diastasis-recti-test-what-works-and-what-to-avoid.html

Also, high intensity cardio is great for building a strong cardiovascular system. I love it! However, lower intensity work does something special. It burns fat.

Keeping your heart in the range of 55-70% of your maximum heart rate (220-your age) for 30-45 minutes 2-4 times a week will target fat loss. You can't target fat loss in your belly, so burning fat will burn it all over.

I'd recommend a combination of the above exercises (which can heal the split in a matter of weeks) and increased fat-burning activites to reduce your belly fat. It's not easy and it's terribly frustrating, but it's absolutely possible.

Best of luck ladies!

Can't get the link to work, darn it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!