Sports Bras (Topic for the Ladies) :)

Options

Replies

• tarajo77
    tarajo77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too used to wear 2 bras for running and more intense excercise but the MOVING COMFORT FIONA bra is the best thing ever!
  • jlmarcin
    jlmarcin Posts: 36
    Options
    This may sound bogus but I started 42DD, now a 38D and I've used the mesh back sports bras from target. The mesh material in the back help wisk away sweat and let you breath so it dones't feel so tight. And they compress to hold your boobs in place. I LOVE IT! And they're only like $15 so I don't feel bad when I have to replace them when they get to small :-) Just an idea...

Me too! They last a while, too. I've had two of them. One is dead, and the other is okay for at least walking. I think I may have had them for over a year.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow!... Thanks for all the awesome responses!!!! Can't wait to try some of the ideas you suggested. The Moving Comfort brand seems to be a popular one... may give that one a try first, if I can find it!!! Thanks again, ladies... really appreciate you taking the time to response to my topic! :smile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just found a sports bra that supports, keeps the bulging under control... (back AND underarm) and is so comfortable I accidentally slept in it! You pull it over your head, so no hooks! It's amazing! You get the same size you wear in a tee shirt, I am a D cup and it really works! It's called "SassyBax" made in Canada. This one was at TJ max , Could google it, I suppose, try it, you will love it!
    I googled it and found it! It is $58 bucks, free shipping, and worth every penny!
    Sassybax bralette
    http://www.classicshapewear.com/sassybax-bralette-br01-p-2043.html
  • becca2006
    becca2006 Posts: 26
    Options
    I just ordered the Moving Comfort Juno Bra (it cost 41.95 US) free shipping because I got it shipped to our border store in the states (I'm 45 min. away from the border in canada) . I cant' wait to try it - it ships in 1 - 2 days!!! A girl at work - not overweight at all but very large busted, she said she wears the JUNO and just loves it!!! (she's a runner). I"m excited!!!
    I did my SHRED again last night but the jumping jacks and anything jumping just hurts! so i'm looking forward to it not hurting anyrmore!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D and wear the Champion sports bras from Target and they work great. But if those don't work, maybe a sports bra with cups as opposed to one piece of fabric? I've seen them at sporting goods stores!

The champion website has a sale going on.

http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Default.aspx

I love their bras. I wear a "D" cup and I need the full support...even under wire.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    bump
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 D and I have the Ta Ta Tamer from Lululemon and I absolutely love it! My zumba instructor has us doing jumping jacks through most of one song and the girls don't move. It is a pricier bra, but it's worth it. :smile:
  • kaymac1908
    kaymac1908 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also have the Enell. I recommend it for the best support I have ever found to control the bounce. However, you wouldn't like the hooks and it is a snug fit. It seems like less tightness, fewer hooks & thinner straps means less support for my girls!
  • minus40
    Options
    I'm a 38 D and I have the Ta Ta Tamer from Lululemon and I absolutely love it! My zumba instructor has us doing jumping jacks through most of one song and the girls don't move. It is a pricier bra, but it's worth it. :smile:

Great!!!... I was wondering if those were suited for more vigorous activity other than yoga... thanks :happy:
  • minus40
    Options
    I just ordered the Moving Comfort Juno Bra (it cost 41.95 US) free shipping because I got it shipped to our border store in the states (I'm 45 min. away from the border in canada) . I cant' wait to try it - it ships in 1 - 2 days!!! A girl at work - not overweight at all but very large busted, she said she wears the JUNO and just loves it!!! (she's a runner). I"m excited!!!
    I did my SHRED again last night but the jumping jacks and anything jumping just hurts! so i'm looking forward to it not hurting anyrmore!

Awesome! I was looking to see if they shipped to Canada... they look comfortable (just from the photos I've seen). :happy:
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    The best sports bra I have EVER had is the one I own now called Shock Absorber. I am a large B but I used to be a D and I THINK it comes for bigger sizes than that too. It is amazing. I go for a run...no bouncing around. No pain. I don't feel self conscious to be jumping around...because the ladies DON'T MOVE. Amazing. It gives good shape and also has a little insert so that your nipples don't show. The best ever.
    After my workout this morning I decided I'd better get another one...and to see if they make a day wear one too.
  • Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    Ive been using underarmour bras for the past 3 years. I am a DD cup and these bras have been great.

I had this one in a D cup which I just threw out because it was worn out ( i purchased it in modells):

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/tops/sports-bras/pid1001174-Women-s-Endure-C-Cup-/1001174-100

I just recently bought this next one ( its probably the best bra I have ever purchased )

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/tops/sports-bras/pid1212262-Women-s-UA-Moxie-DD-Bra/1212262-101

Looking around the underarmour site and I stumbled across a few more also.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/tops/sports-bras/pid1211672-Women-s-Undeniable-174-DD-Bra/1211672-100
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with all the ladies that suggested Moving Comfort. I'm a DD cup and whenever I'm doing my circuit training and jumping around like a maniac, the girls are set in their place. The best part is that the bras are also extremely comfortable.
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    I usually buy Champion sports bras from Target, too, and up until recently I've worn 2 at once to give me enough support (I'm a 36D). However, with my weight loss I've lost most of the fat around my ribcage but not much boobage, so they weren't fitting anymore. When I get them large enough to cover and support my breasts, the band is pretty loose. Then I had the brilliant idea of actually buying the XL bras, which I need, then taking up the band a couple of inches. Perfect! They stay in place without riding up, give me coverage and support, and I don't need two anymore. Win!

(I've experimented with a few different styles of the Champion bras. The one I like best now has soft foam cups in it which give better support without quite so much of the uniboob look.)
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Great!!!... I was wondering if those were suited for more vigorous activity other than yoga... thanks :happy:

I'd a 36E and I love my Ta Ta Tamer!! I used it for jogging, kickboxing, hiking, everything! For any UK girls out there Bravissimo has some good options

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/#/1?show=16&sort=1
  • DturmenD
    DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but because my girls are of the D variety, I have to wear two sports bras to make them behave during exercise. Unless you're a B or smaller, there are very few non-tight sports bra options that will still serve its purpose (de-gigglage!)

I do the same thing!!!! I was afraid to share that with anyone thinking that it was kind of weird...I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one that does this. But I'm in a 36DD and still feel a little uncomfortable with the two, which henders me from running.
  • maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The best sports bra I have EVER had is the one I own now called Shock Absorber. I am a large B but I used to be a D and I THINK it comes for bigger sizes than that too. It is amazing. I go for a run...no bouncing around. No pain. I don't feel self conscious to be jumping around...because the ladies DON'T MOVE. Amazing. It gives good shape and also has a little insert so that your nipples don't show. The best ever.
    After my workout this morning I decided I'd better get another one...and to see if they make a day wear one too.

YES!!! I just came in here to post my love for Shock Absorber!! Before, I tended to buy Champion sports bras or Nike from the outlet stores. They worked fine, but definitely didn't stop things from moving about. Shock Absorber's ratings were so great for runners that I decided to splurge on one when given an Amazon giftcard. SO AMAZING. Now when I run, I feel like there is almost a void of movement in my chest area, it's such a strange and new and wonderful feeling. Totally worth the investment.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Shock Absorber - I'm 36DD and it keeps my breasts comfortable and completely under control, whether I'm running, kickboxing or whatever. You can also get a range of custom sport types and there's a wide variety of sizes (up to 40G and 38HH, I think).

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/default.aspx