Can I just vent and cry on your shoulders please?????

Options
I am very dissapointed in myself for this weekend and the past 3 weeks. I have not been sticking to my calories and I have not done any exercising. I was looking at some pictures a co worker brought to work today, and well it was from when I was 263 pounds and now I am scared thqat I might fall back into that. I was in such denial back then, I would think I am not that big I don't understand why everyone thinks I am. I looked at the pics today and almost cried. I DO NOT want to go back there!!!! I am scared that I can't do this any more, I am losing motivation but the thing is I do want it so bad. I want to be down to at the very most 170 and I have a long way to go. I weighed in Friday and I had only lost 4 oz and for me i think i might be gaining it back and I am scared. PLease help me to get motivated. I need it so bad some one please kick me in the butt. if there is anyone that lives close to fort worth and wants to start a walking regimind with me i need it. I can't get motivated to go walking (its too hot, its raining, its too cold, the kids need me home) there always seems to be an excuse.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!
I WANT HELP!!!!
I NEED MOTIVATION PLEASE!!!!!!

Replies

• monica5237
    Options
    I am very dissapointed in myself for this weekend and the past 3 weeks. I have not been sticking to my calories and I have not done any exercising. I was looking at some pictures a co worker brought to work today, and well it was from when I was 263 pounds and now I am scared thqat I might fall back into that. I was in such denial back then, I would think I am not that big I don't understand why everyone thinks I am. I looked at the pics today and almost cried. I DO NOT want to go back there!!!! I am scared that I can't do this any more, I am losing motivation but the thing is I do want it so bad. I want to be down to at the very most 170 and I have a long way to go. I weighed in Friday and I had only lost 4 oz and for me i think i might be gaining it back and I am scared. PLease help me to get motivated. I need it so bad some one please kick me in the butt. if there is anyone that lives close to fort worth and wants to start a walking regimind with me i need it. I can't get motivated to go walking (its too hot, its raining, its too cold, the kids need me home) there always seems to be an excuse.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!
    I WANT HELP!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Girl, you can do this!!!!
    Start logging. Don't you skip, don't omit. Start logging!
    Get back to walking. TAKE THAT TIME FOR YOURSELF. I know having kids makes us focus on them and forget about ourselves. Don't allow that to happen. Your workout time is YOUR time, time to focus on YOU. Besides, a healthy mama is a happy mama, around for the long run.
    Come on, get up and go do it!!!
    You won't backslide into that previous weight.
    YOU CAN MEET YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS!!!!

(((hugs)))
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Aww girl don't give up! Look at the progress you have made and think of that as motivation! And too bad I just recently moved from the H-E-B area near Ft Worth to NC or else I would definitely go walking with ya!!!
    As for the weather issue in TX I know how it goes, but a lot of the stuff you do burns calories...cleaning, laundry, vacuuming, playing with the kids, you just have to take all the small things into consideration.

Don't give up and don't beat yourself up because each day is a gift and another chance to do it right, so make the best of it! And remember you are worth it!

:flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    Options
    Thank you I needed the pep talk and I will try to get my daughter to go with me to walk i need to tell her to say MOM lets go. here is one of my excuses it is so lame, I think to myself everytime I pass the jr high school and i see the track humm i need to come back down here and walk the track 4 times well what happens is i fight with myself and say okay so do i walk down here or drive (it is about 4 blocks from my house) I went to this school and I walk to and from everyday. I know i can do the walk but when i get there i will be too tired to walk the track so if i drive there i need to find a place to park and that is such a hassell. YES YES I KNOW it is a lame excuse. Today is my day I am doing it either walking there or driving which ever i am doing it no exceptions I will let you guys know tomorrow how I did.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Monica-
    First, take a deep breath...now let it out and concentrate on relaxing! That's it! I know right where you are, b/c I've been there on more than one occation...motivated, but not motivated to get it together. I just took 3 weeks off my diet/fitness routine b/c I was "too busy" with vacations, funerals, etc. I just didn't have time, and I was so disappointed in myself...but you know what ,I am starting up again today. It doesn't matter if I was off track for one day or 3 weeks, the important thing is that you get back on that horse girl! Hey, it might even do your body a little good to "restart" itself, you never know...just keep you head up and we are all here to support each other! Keep your head up!
    -Laura
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    We all justify our excuses into what sounds like reasons not to workout. =) You are not alone.

I vote you walk there. If you are too tired to walk the track, then walk back home. Just get out and get moving honey! Remember, the exercise will lift your mood too, and make you happier, helping you to get back out there and exercise more!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    *hug*
    First, look yourself in the mirror and remind yourself that you are in control. Its all you. The only thing that judges what life you lead is you. Look how far you've come! You've done so much, and getting started is always the hardest part. If you could do it then, why not now? You are still the same person inside, and you are just as capable :smile:

Set yourself tiny goals, everything can be a goal. Eating each meal can be a goal. Drinking water can be a goal. And the cool thing about setting tons of little goals? They lead to big results. Whats even cooler than that? The fact that every time you meet a goal you get that little smile on your face knowing that you achieved what you set out to do. With that your confidence builds up, along with that sense of knowing you can do what you put your mind to.

You can, and will do it. I have faith in you. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles always starts with a single foot step.
  • arjames82
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!

So you say you "only" lost 4oz...but you still lost. As my Weight Watchers leader would say, that two whole boxes of Jello pudding mix.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! start with baby steps....just like msarro said it so VERY well.....even if you just walk TO the track and back, eventually you will walk the track....just once....just do something, then smile, put your right hand over your left shoulder and guve yourself a pat on the back....put your arms arms around yourself and give yourself a HUGE hug from all your MFP friends!!

Mixed%20Flowers%20and%20a%20Bear.jpg
  • monica5237
    Options
    Thank you guys all of you!!!!!

I love all of you :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    *kicks Monica in the butt - per request*

Take it easy - When I first started i didn't bother in logging, but once I started and it was eye opening to see how much calories I had in one day. I encourage you to log, log, log :bigsmile: All you have to loose is weight ... Best Wishes, and don't be too hard on yourself..:flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS)))

You can do it....the past is the past and tomorrow is a new day
    Feeling thinner and loosing the weight tastes better than anything you can eat
    Get back on track..ASAP!

Good luck/....Kim
    My .02...keep moving and get out of the house and away from food!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Do you have an exercise partner? That may be a good idea. The other thing is to realize this is about your health and feeling good so write yourself notes if you need it to remind yourself that you are worth it and you will feel better after you exercise. Planning healhty meals and snacks is also really impt!

you can do this because you want to and you are capable of it and most importantly because you are worth it!
  • mtpage04
    mtpage04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Perhaps you could monitor your body fat percentage instead of relying solely on your scale. Often times, your weight does not go down because you have gained lean muscle mass. You may have traded the weight of fat for muscle, which is terrific! Muscle is metabolically more active than fat. Maybe if you monitor your body fat percentage, you won't be so discouraged by a slow change in the scale. You can do it!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU HAVE BEEN DOING IT...YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT!! Keep looking at that after picture...yes, it is TOUGH to look at the before pics at times...but see how far you've come!!!!

Someone mentioned tiny goals..which are actually BIG GOALS when we are a bit off track....but add some more water, grab the vacumn, get that walk down to the school in TODAY whatever it takes!:happy:

Don't worry about making it all the way around the track.... tiny goals = bigger goals = back on track Girl! haha no pun intended:laugh:

How about when thinking of the track you plan on 1/2 of it, turn around and walk back around it so you've set a smaller goal:wink: ...but you'll succeed at it! We sometimes set ourselves up for failure when we try to get back on the wagon and expect to be right back where we were...baby steps get us to a heathlier lifestyle...that sticks for life!

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: Nothing but the best to you... you're an inspiration!! :flowerforyou:

Do it for YOU!:drinker:

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!
    I WANT HELP!!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!!! i know it's hard. i want to just say *ell with it also. but, i can't go back, to not being able to wear the cute clothes. i can't go back to no being able to walk up the stairs 1 flight. not being able to take care of some personal things, because i can't reach or what ever.... i tell myself i like this feeling, that i can do it.
    walk to the track and walk home for a week, than the second week walk to the track and walk around the track once walk home, then when you think your ready up the trip around the track to 2, and just keep going.
    good luck....
    chipper
  • monica5237
    Options
    I wish i had a partner my best friend who is doing this with me and we have both lost more than 30 pounds she lives in Glenn Rose and that is about 40 miles from me. But I have thought of something that might help and she is going to do it too,

I am going to be loging here all my food BUT I have to send her a text message of what i eat and she has to send me what she eats and this will help us. I hope I have to be accountable to someone now not just myself and I keep saying that i am only cheating myself.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    *hugs for you* You can do this! You are doing so well. Signing in, logging your food, having an accountability partner and keep your focus.... If you have a goal, put it up (not just on the fridge either - everywhere - bathroom mirror, visor of the car, on you TV, you name it). Goals set are great, but easy to forget - post them all over the place! You won't forget this way and it will be right there in front of you - helping you stay focused.

*hugs* Keep coming back to mfp too - we need you here! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

That first step to the track IS the hardest, isn't it? I've totally been there...I'm back there again. So, I want to thank you for posting and letting MFP in. This thread inspired me, too. YOU've inspired and motivated me! No more excuses...tomorrow it's to the track!

You've done such a great job. We're all proud of you! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I am soooo happy guys thank you sooo much I went to the track last night!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy:
    My daughter and I had a bonding moment her and I made a commitment to go every night and walk I told her if i say not tonight she is to kick me in my b*tt and say lets go Mom!!!! we took the dog(85 lbs) and we walked him and even ran him (not much he is an old guy) but him pulling and wanting to go faster than I was walking was great. It was a nice night for me and my daughter (and for the dog too):bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: The best part was I did not smoke either. :smokin:

I could have not had the motivation with out you guys. I even stayed under my calories yesterday. I want to keep going. I have posted all my goals everywhere, I even have them posted on my desk at work.

I want this more than anything in life right now cause if i don't do this then I may not have a life, I mean I am healthy but i am too fat still I want it off!!!!!:angry::angry:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: :love: I do love you guys