Favorite Late[er] Evening Snacks??

Options
I feel the need to SNACK after dinner... before bed... [trying to cut the habit or go for a healthier approach]

Whats your fav snack before bedtime? :)

Replies

• ldymond04
    ldymond04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer made up this snack called crappel which is s pink lady apple cut up and put on wheat thins. It tastes like apple pie but if you eat the recommended serving size of the wheat thins and the apple its like 160 calories.
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to always want to snack late at night as well. What I started to do was save part of my dinner, and if I was hungry I'd eat that. After a week or so of that I got tired of eating my leftovers for snack, and now (for the most part) I do without. I've heard milk is a good thing to drink right before bed, I've done that before with a small choc candy (like a dove egg).
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    One of my recent favorites is an apple (granny smith is great) cut up and then sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar. I like to slice the apple and then cut each slice into 2 or 3 pieces and eat them with a toothpick because it takes longer to eat that way. Yum!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    small apple with almond butter or a lowfat string cheese (it's best to keep the carbs at a minimum at night).

Also, I have found going to bed earlier works well to avoid the after dinner snack and to enable you to get your needed sleep.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    I'm a fan of cottage cheese before bed. The protein in cottage cheese is a slow digesting protein. Gotta feed the muscles while I sleep. :-)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. They run about 150 calories if I'm remembering correctly.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Same as any other time of day. Look at the numbers in your diary to see what's remaining and take it from there.

My usual pre-bedtime "snacks" are a protein shake, sometimes with milk and/or peanut butter. And/or toast with peanut butter. Or a meal-replacement type of shake.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Watermelon... Cold and sweet... You can have a whole cup without much consequence calorie wise
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    I take meds at night that make me crave food of any kind! they are meds to help me sleep without horrendous nightmares and terror...so I cannot give them up...I work really hard at closing my food diary at dinner time and thats it. No more food. I tell myself that it would be cheating if I ate something that I had not added in my diary for the day and most of the time that helps. I am trying to stay busy. If I am watching TV I try to read a book to keep my hands busy or work on a puzzle or cross stitch. When my hands and mind are busy I do better with it. I am also starting to take my meds like 30 minutes before I go to bed instead of 3 hrs (lol) so hopefully that will help.

What are your evening patterns outside of food?
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat 20 grams of almonds and 10 ghiradelli 60% cacao chocolate chips on most nights. Sometimes with a piece of fruit or slice of swiss cheese, depending on what my calorie needs are.
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine is ALWAYS apples and peanut butter,. its just right.