Vegan - post workout snack

Options
HI my fellow vegans,
I've started to really up the amount of time i'm working out, adding 30 min weight training to 30 min cardio, and i've notice that my usual post workout snack isn't doing the trick, an apple and some nuts. What do you have after a workout??

Replies

• guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Lunch!
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! Have you tried Vega products? They have some great stuff.
    My favorite smoothie: banana, blueberry, almond milk (sometimes chocolate), and 1 scoop of vega (totally optional) plus ice.
    awesome. :)
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    (sorry, lol) Have you tried a vegan protien bar or shake?
  • 30in11
    30in11 Posts: 14
    Options
    I make a sort of a bar with vegan rice protein powder, peanut butter, maple syrup (a little bit), dried fruit and/or nuts and sometimes rolled oats (and water to make it moist enough to hold together).
  • primaverapvr
    primaverapvr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    oh forgot to mention that it's needs to be portable as i go to the gym before going to class.
  • murrango
    murrango Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would say a smoothie... but thats not very portable :/ Do you have a food processor? I like making "larabars." Use Dole California whole pitted dates and some raw cashews (or walnuts depending what flavor you want), pulse till it's all tiny and then it's very easy to mold into bars or bite size balls. You can also add other things to them like apple/coconut/cinnamon/pb etc.. :]
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    I'll drink protein shake after workout. it's quick and convenient.