Diet Coke

Options
I have heard that drinking a dark diet drink such as Diet Coke, Diet Dr Pepper, etc. that fat sticks to the dark colors, but drinking Diet Sprite, Diet 7Up is better? Those of you who have lost weight, do you still drink a Diet Coke? I am having a hard time giving up that lunch time diet coke up.

Thanks

Replies

• vdpal
    vdpal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have heard that drinking a dark diet drink such as Diet Coke, Diet Dr Pepper, etc. that fat sticks to the dark colors, but drinking Diet Sprite, Diet 7Up is better? Those of you who have lost weight, do you still drink a Diet Coke? I am having a hard time giving up that lunch time diet coke up.

Thanks
  • Javancub
    Options
    I still drink dark diet sodas. I've had no problems when i started my diet with the dark sodas, i do know now that if you lay off of the carbonated sodas you could lose alot more weight. :happy:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ick never heard that before. I don't drink any pop except when I go out to eat (maybe once a week) then I'll order a small diet Coke/Pepsi and usually don't even end up drinking the whole thing. It'll be interesting to read other's posts about this though.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Fat sticks to the dark colors?

I must have some dark colored hips and thighs and my gut!! LOL

Never heard that before.
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    I forget what soda:sad: taste like please remind me? is it good:drinker:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I forget what soda:sad: taste like please remind me? is it good:drinker:

Haha, I had a tiny tiny sip of my husbands coke a couple nights ago (before that it had been at least 15 weeks) and the burn felt SO GOOD (that was my favorite part of pop) but it is WAY TOO SWEET!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I thought I heard that darker colas have a higher sodium content so they're not as healthy(?? feh - sodas are poison anyway) as the lighter colas. :tongue:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I was a diet coke aholic i promise i was drinking at the very least 3, 44 oz cokes a day. I have give it up completly unless i am out somewhere and they don't have tea (not very often) I was drinking Deit coke for 20 years and that was all i drank. now it is water and unsweet tea with splenda. I say give it up as far as dark or light colors I have no idea it is all bad for you
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink soda anymore, but I had a diet coke this weekend. Afterward I was thinking what a treat it was. I used to drink several a day and didn't think much about it. It's much better now that it's a rare thing and I appreciate it as a treat.

I'm starting to feel really guilty about all the plastic water bottles I go through though. Even though I recycle, and often refill them a couple of times, it's significant. I think I need to buy a refillable bottle, but I don't find any of them as comfortable as the disposable ones.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink soda anymore, but I had a diet coke this weekend. Afterward I was thinking what a treat it was. I used to drink several a day and didn't think much about it. It's much better now that it's a rare thing and I appreciate it as a treat.

I'm starting to feel really guilty about all the plastic water bottles I go through though. Even though I recycle, and often refill them a couple of times, it's significant. I think I need to buy a refillable bottle, but I don't find any of them as comfortable as the disposable ones.

Try Smith's (Kroger everywhere else). I have this fabulous one that is 32oz but the same diamter as a disposable water bottle. It's made by Front Runner Sport.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    How can colouring have an affect on how much or how little fat it contains????
    Sounds like a load of old bull to me - to be quite honest!:laugh:

Soda hasn't touched these lips for 8 days and I am feeling a lot less bloated for it :happy:
  • johnalanwilson
    Options
    Here is some good information that I found and a link to more info:

"Get ready to ditch your soda habit. I’m kicking Diet Coke — it takes time, and I’m down to five a week from a high of 12, but it’s worth it.

Here’s why: Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need.

In a new rat study, animals that ate fake sugar consumed more calories overall and gained weight, compared to those that didn’t eat artificially sweetened treats."

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/371/skip-the-diet-soda/
    84925.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

"Get ready to ditch your soda habit. I’m kicking Diet Coke — it takes time, and I’m down to five a week from a high of 12, but it’s worth it.

Here’s why: Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need.

In a new rat study, animals that ate fake sugar consumed more calories overall and gained weight, compared to those that didn’t eat artificially sweetened treats."

Fortunately for us, we have opposable thumbs, so we can count calories. :wink:
  • Fab140
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yea, I'm starting to understand why my Grams always just kept doing whatever she wanted. One year drinking is altogether bad for you, and the next "a drink a day may prevent heart disease". And then the same with coffee, and chocolate, and eggs, and meat.....the list gets longer and longer.

Just look at it this way: Everything in moderation!
  • monica5237
    Options

Yea, I'm starting to understand why my Grams always just kept doing whatever she wanted. One year drinking is altogether bad for you, and the next "a drink a day may prevent heart disease". And then the same with coffee, and chocolate, and eggs, and meat.....the list gets longer and longer.

YES I AGREE EVERYTHING IN MODERATION.
    we can have what we want just add it in your calories and there you go it is okay for you but in moderation. watch serving sizes though you can't eat and entire box of movie candy and think you only had one serving it is like 3 servings
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For ME diet soda cause water lots of water retention. The few times I have weaned myself off of it, I always lost around 5 lbs in just a few days. Sadly I really like the stuff and have been guzzling it again!
  • Fab140
    Options

YES I AGREE EVERYTHING IN MODERATION.
    we can have what we want just add it in your calories and there you go it is okay for you but in moderation. watch serving sizes though you can't eat and entire box of movie candy and think you only had one serving it is like 3 servings

O totally on the candy. I think it's a sin for them to package three servings into what appears to be one. :grumble: They do that with my gummy worms.....
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :noway: :laugh:
    Fat sticks to the dark colors?

I must have some dark colored hips and thighs and my gut!! LOL

Never heard that before.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Sounds like an interesting read, looking forward to taking a look....not a pop drinker here but sure can NEVER have enough water...who ever invented water...is a god!!!! :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:

84925.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing it...