detox, cleanses, where to begin?

Options
Anyone have any advice on a safe cleanse? Not sure if detox or cleanse are the same thing. I would like to know if and how they are different and where to begin to ease into this process. How often do you do it, how long, and with natural foods or pills? Thanks for any info:smile:

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I am interested in seeing the replys. Some say you don't need them as your body does this for you. I'm not sure if they are beneficial or not.
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    be very very careful with the pills they work different for everyone. but i took one 2 years ago slim quick cleanse and my digestive system has never been the same. if you do one just do a natural one. is my suggestion :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any advice on a safe cleanse? Not sure if detox or cleanse are the same thing. I would like to know if and how they are different and where to begin to ease into this process. How often do you do it, how long, and with natural foods or pills? Thanks for any info:smile:

Honestly, the 'safest' way to 'cleanse' or 'detox' is to simply eat a better quality diet and drink plenty of water. There is no need to buy any product, take any pill, go on any crazy modified fast, etc. Your body is expert at 'cleansing' and 'detoxing' itself!
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options

Honestly, the 'safest' way to 'cleanse' or 'detox' is to simply eat a better quality diet and drink plenty of water. There is no need to buy any product, take any pill, go on any crazy modified fast, etc. Your body is expert at 'cleansing' and 'detoxing' itself!

I'm with you.:laugh:
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    even with all the un-natural substances and chemicals put in our bodies through food? i kinda thought that was the point of a detox, to purify and rid the body of things that dont belong there? i remember reading that our bodies dont know how to handle certain things we have evolved to putting in our food, thats why we get a build up and eventually get sick and dont feel well. wow, maybe i knew more than i realized, i just wanted justification and advice on an all natural one.