Photos of me at my highest: 315lbs. ah, what a weekend.

Options
so there are some pics on my profile (in the purple and pink stripey dress) of me at my highest ever, which was this weekend. it was alot of fun, but looking at the photos made me realize just how bad things have gotten. geez. anyhow, enjoy.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so there are some pics on my profile (in the purple and pink stripey dress) of me at my highest ever, which was this weekend. it was alot of fun, but looking at the photos made me realize just how bad things have gotten. geez. anyhow, enjoy.
  • pinkpixies
    Options

May I ask how tall you are? And if it's not totally too rude...what size do you wear? :blushing: We look about the same size, I think.
  • ellelit
    Options
    5'6 and wear size 24
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    5'6 and wear size 24

damn I'm fatter. haha :blushing:

I'm 5'1 and a half and 294 lbs and I wear between a 26 and 30 lately...depending on brand and all. I was in a 24 a few months ago. *sighs*
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    El--when I started this back in April, I was 5'4" and 279lbs. I wore a size 26 pants--with elastic. I'm down 65 pounds, in a size 20 pants no elastic), and weigh 213.8.

So, see, no matter how big at the beginning of the journey, the journey can still be down! Just commit yourself to this and do it!

Trust me guys--it's a lot easier at your age then if you wait until you're my age to try this--do yourself a favor and get healthy now!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    El--when I started this back in April, I was 5'4" and 279lbs. I wore a size 26 pants--with elastic. I'm down 65 pounds, in a size 20 pants no elastic), and weigh 213.8.

So, see, no matter how big at the beginning of the journey, the journey can still be down! Just commit yourself to this and do it!

Trust me guys--it's a lot easier at your age then if you wait until you're my age to try this--do yourself a favor and get healthy now!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST! You've just inspired me to stay on track today. Because it's TOM for me, I was just gonna laze around all day and pretty much not watch what I eat. But after reading your post, I've just changed my mind! Thanks, again!
  • monica5237
    Options
    Elie and pixie,
    I am a little depressed about my last few weeks but I want to give you two a little pep talk, I was 263 puonds and a size 24 (I am 5'9) but I was still a size 24 and I seen pictures of myself today that made me cry. I was so big. I am now down to a size 16 and I love it but some days i get down and want that 14 so bad I will get there. I have started over today and I will get there and so will you I would like to invite you two to go look at my pictures on my profile and you can see what can be done. I am there and I promise if you put your mind to it you can lose all of what you want.

Good luck !!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Elie and pixie,
    I am a little depressed about my last few weeks but I want to give you two a little pep talk, I was 263 puonds and a size 24 (I am 5'9) but I was still a size 24 and I seen pictures of myself today that made me cry. I was so big. I am now down to a size 16 and I love it but some days i get down and want that 14 so bad I will get there. I have started over today and I will get there and so will you I would like to invite you two to go look at my pictures on my profile and you can see what can be done. I am there and I promise if you put your mind to it you can lose all of what you want.

Good luck !!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

a 16 is really thin at your height. It's harder for tall women to get down to really small sizes b/c of their bone structure.
  • monica5237
    Options
    yes and i have a large frame but my dr says he wants me to be 155 and that is too small i think for me the nurse seems to think that 165-170 would be good but i will see when i get there how i look
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

...a 16 is really thin at your height. It's harder for tall women to get down to really small sizes b/c of their bone structure.

Not necessarily. I'm 5'9 and a size 16 for me was almost just right. The perfect size for me would be a 12/14. Now anything below that and I look sick.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    yes and i have a large frame but my dr says he wants me to be 155 and that is too small i think for me the nurse seems to think that 165-170 would be good but i will see when i get there how i look

Yea, I'm 5'8 and I wear a 14. I weigh 181. (I think some pants I should be a 16, but I just ignore that one :noway: ) My healthy range is 140-150, but probably around 150 because I love to weight lift.

I think when it comes to bone structure, it varies in people. Look at Heidi Klum. nearly 6' and she can't be more than a size 4.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

I think it is a great idea to see how you look and FEEL once you get there - I always thought 150-155 would be a good weight for me (I'm 5'8") but once I got there, I realized I needed to go lower. See how you are feeling for YOU - you might get to 160 and decide not to lose anymore!

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    cute dress! and I LOVE your glasses.

I usually wear glasses and wish I could pull off "cool" ones! Even tough I wear them every day, I usually take them off for pictures b/c I don't like them!
  • ellelit
    Options
    well, i got a TON of compliments on my dress and how pretty i looked at the wedding, so it made me feel good. just have to make some changes :) i'm a work in progress he he.
  • monica5237
    Options
    well, i got a TON of compliments on my dress and how pretty i looked at the wedding, so it made me feel good. just have to make some changes :) i'm a work in progress he he.

yes we are all works in progress and we can all get there stick with us and you can do it!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Yea, I'm 5'8 and I wear a 14. I weigh 181. (I think some pants I should be a 16, but I just ignore that one :noway: ) My healthy range is 140-150, but probably around 150 because I love to weight lift.

I think when it comes to bone structure, it varies in people. Look at Heidi Klum. nearly 6' and she can't be more than a size 4.

I agree.. I'm 5'8" and at my healthiest am a size 6 - I'm in an 8/10 right now - I'm tall, but I have a narrow frame. I think it all comes down to what you feel the most comfortable at. Best of luck!

*hugs*

Manda