Doctors this morning :)

Options
I went to my doctors today, what a great appointment! The last time I saw her was 7/23 and I was 234.6 and today oddly enough I was 214.6! First of all how weird for it to be to the same .something and second of all YAY!! 20lbs in in less than 8 weeks! She's taking me off of glucophage (metformin) for insulin resistance, and once I hit under 200lbs I am going to get another blood test and see how everything is going!

I wanted to add/say/whatever. I started this 12 weeks ago. I have lost 45.4 lbs. Fast, I know, but it's doctor assisted and with a lot to lose and a recent gain it's easier to gets some pounds off faster. Anyway, I still feel like I haven't lost weight. I never measured (which sucks) but my old pants are HUGE and I went from a very tight 22 to 18/20. My doctor and family and husband say I have lost a lot of weight and that they can tell. I still feel like I did 45lbs ago... is that weird? And I look in the mirror like "how am I down 45 and still so HUGE?!?!" It's really sad. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I went to my doctors today, what a great appointment! The last time I saw her was 7/23 and I was 234.6 and today oddly enough I was 214.6! First of all how weird for it to be to the same .something and second of all YAY!! 20lbs in in less than 8 weeks! She's taking me off of glucophage (metformin) for insulin resistance, and once I hit under 200lbs I am going to get another blood test and see how everything is going!

I wanted to add/say/whatever. I started this 12 weeks ago. I have lost 45.4 lbs. Fast, I know, but it's doctor assisted and with a lot to lose and a recent gain it's easier to gets some pounds off faster. Anyway, I still feel like I haven't lost weight. I never measured (which sucks) but my old pants are HUGE and I went from a very tight 22 to 18/20. My doctor and family and husband say I have lost a lot of weight and that they can tell. I still feel like I did 45lbs ago... is that weird? And I look in the mirror like "how am I down 45 and still so HUGE?!?!" It's really sad. Does anyone else feel this way?
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats! And yes...I feel the same way. It seems like I lost 25lbs I felt thinner and now I'm done 40 and I feel about the same no matter what other people say. I guess that feeling will just keep me motivated to get to my goal weight!! Congrats to you again!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats sweetie!!

As for you question.....not weird at all. When I lost 30 pounds on SB, I still felt fat and unattractive. I think it had a lot to do with going through High School with so much weight and not being used to attention from men. I think the fear of the attention actually helped me pack those pounds right back on.

I'm detrimned, though, to lose this weight because I'm fed up with feeling like at any time some pretty little thing is going to walk right up to my DH and take him away (which is silly, but still!!)

:flowerforyou: Take your time to adjust. Once you start feeding your brain the right info, this lifestyle will be that much easier!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATS on 45 lbs!!! Amazing!!!

I think our heads can really play tricks on us - and we need to focus on our changes so that we can really feel how far we've come (does that make sense???). I posted a few weeks back, about still feeling like my old "chubby" self - even though I have lost almost all of my weight. Regardless of what other people say, it's still messed up in MY head.

Just KNOW that a 45lb weight loss is AMAZING and you are looking and probably feeling great!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png

First of all congratulations on the weight loss!! You have done a great job! Just keep on keeping on and you will begin to feel different. If you are like me, I have been overweight for a lot of my life- so this is how I see myself. But I am beginning to feel better physically and emotionally. You can already see a change in your clothes- I know that is a good feeling. Keep up the good work! Beth S>
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    thumbsup4kk.gifthumbsup4kk.gif
  • Juliebean
    Options

I am going through the same thing. I keep weighing in each week and the scale isn't moving, but everyone I know keeps saying that they can see such a difference. I'm starting to notice a difference in the way my clothes fit me, but when I look at my body I don't see a loss or toning anywhere. In clothes I can usually tell because of the way that they are fitting, but naked I look the same. It's frustrating but at the same time very motivating to hear everyone around saying how they can tell.

All that matters is that you're starting to FEEL a difference. Way to go with the weight loss! You're doing such a great job! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Great job on the lose.

I've lost 32, but only feels like 5 to me, but everybody is noticing a different. and I've went from a tight 16 to a 12 in jeans. I think it's because the change is so gradual to us that it doesn't really seem like we are losing so much.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, but also the great doctor's visit . For me, there is nothing better than hearing the doctor tell me how good I'm doing with my weight loss!

Secondly, yes -- I feel the same way a lot. Personally, I think it's all mental and I just can't "mentally see" the difference. I'm betting you are the same -- the change is evident to everyone except your own brain!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, but also the great doctor's visit . For me, there is nothing better than hearing the doctor tell me how good I'm doing with my weight loss!

Secondly, yes -- I feel the same way a lot. Personally, I think it's all mental and I just can't "mentally see" the difference. I'm betting you are the same -- the change is evident to everyone except your own brain!

That is exactly it. It's like, my brain can't comprehend it.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Totally know what you are saying, but YAY - awesome job on 45#. Wow! Over the last year and a half I have taken off 50 inches (refused to look at my weight then). I know it is a lot, but sometimes I see me in the mirror and go "wow nice belly - blah". :noway: I am retraining the way I think in the process.

Obviously not as big of an issue for others as it is me. Even as a 30 something Mom - I get asked out (LOL because I am married). :wink: The thing I remind my self of is it is my thinking that is off. I totally look different, I feel more confident and I know my cholesterol is better (under 150) and my blood sugar is fine and my doc made a comment this last time that he can tell by my bloodwork that I work out and do a lot of cardio,

I hope you are taking before & after shots of yourself. You will see it that way and I am sure your husband sees it too. Don't take everyone else's word - look at the pictures and then in the mirror. Give yourself the permission to say how great you look and how nice you look in those jeans!

Keep on going! You can do it!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Vilma
    Vilma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone apparently, it's called distorted self image and oddly enough people with anorexia suffer from the same exact thing!!! I can only see the change in pictures, even I change 2 or 3 sizes (up or down) I don't see it. This time around I saw a picture of my best friend and I taken last week, that did it this time! I was on program the next day! I am also not feeling well physically. Try to look at the before and after, see if that works for you/ YZour doing a great job!!!